VOL.2 [Chapter 11, Alyssa's eighteenth birthday]

[Author's note]

For all of you who enjoy my work and wish to support me, consder subscribing to my Patreon to purchase my ebooks, it is a subscription based sale that covers the entire series you subscribe to. If you enjoy all of my works, you can also subscribe to the 'Overpowered Protag' who gains a few additional benefits and such as all the ebooks one month before the rest, the ability to suggest story arcs and many more.

You can find my Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift 

[Padge's perspective]

I sat groaning at the stupid way Miyako had suddenly barged in while the Forge King and Queen sat awkwardly with Lady Miyako across from from them.

"Miyako, this was why I asked you not to show up today, I already had to protect my guests from my overprotective brother." I muttered and the Goddess on the sofa next to Seleris and Alina, and she simply shook her head.

"How could I not check up on my niece when she's studying?" Miyako asked me casually and I rose to my feet annoyed.

"Perhaps keeping requests from family in mind isn't your strong point, but quit messing around all the time Miyako!" I yelled at her and tried to soothe my rage before I turned to face the two dwarven Royals.

With a deep sigh I turned around and made a polite bow to the dwarven King and Queen.

"My sincerest apologies for my sudden outburst, but I had to try and keep my family in check." I spoke and saw the eyes of Queen Thruna constantly drifting to the bowl of Devil's Tears candies on the table while she held her cup of tea on the small saucer that came with it in hand.

"Feel free to try one of the candies, they are homemade by our head maid, a speciality of her kin, so to say. Our daughter loves them." I spoke to her, easing her nerves about the candies on the table and Alina hopped from Seleris' lap and quickly snatched one of the honey drop shaped candies and popped it into her mouth.

She began chewing with a beaming smile on her face and climbed back onto my sister's lap with a content smile as she chewed the small candy.

"Is it truly alright?" Queen Thruna asked me and I nodded.

"There should be a bowl in the personal quarters I had prepared for you and your husband, Your Highness." I replied calmly and she gracefully set down the saucer with the teacup and carefully picked one of the candies from the bowl, inspecting it carefully.

"I have been curious about these since I saw your daughter eat several of them already." She spoke and, while holding one hand in front of her mouth, calmly placed it on her tongue.

The moment she tasted the sweet sugary and cinnamon taste of the dark brown candies, Queen Thruna's face melted into absolute bliss as she ate the small half an inch sized candy.

"Oh my, these are good, Sweetheart, you have to try one." She spoke, smiling all the time as she ate several more.

It seemed the dwarven Queen had let some of her fine etiquette slip as she enjoyed the small candy, taking one after the other, leaving Alina glancing jealously at the slowly thinning amount of Devil's Tears in the bowl.

Slowly the evening progressed and Alyssa and I excused ourselves for a moment from the Forge King and Queen.

"We shall be right back, we have to put our daughter to bed, a growing child should not be allowed to stay awake half the night." I said and took Alina's hand as she reluctantly rose to her feet, from Seleris' lap.

"Come dear, let's get you to bed." Alyssa spoke as she took Alina's other hand and we led her to her room together.

"Mommy, Daddy, will it be alright to have them sleep in Palace?" Alina asked while gazing up at us quizzically.