[Chapter 20, «Bestowal»]

[Alyssa's perspective]

All evening since returning to our house after dropping off my riding pants at The Searching Blossom, I haven't seen Padge.

Oriana, one of the two Valkyries that had stayed behind when I left, told me Padge had gone to the Shrine.

"Why has he still not returned...?" I whispered annoyed as Luna walked into the living room.

From her large posture, I was glad Padge and I had the house built to accompany the fully grown sizes of three dire wolves.

Sitting down on her haunches next to the kitchen stool I sat on, Luna carefully nosed my leg.

He'll be back shortly. Master Padge should have begun his way back by now, I'm certain Lady Alyssa...

I heard Luna's words echoing in my head as she spoke to me. Behind me, I could hear Ulrus shift his large body as he lay next to the foyer door.

"It's lonely like this..." I muttered faintly and felt Luna nudge my leg again with her nose.

Then go find him. He's your mate is he not? Then go search for him.

She spoke reassuring words and I nodded while I rose from the stool.

Stepping outside I could see the sun had long ago set beyond the horizon. As I looked around, my surroundings gave away nothing of use.

All four of the Valkyries assigned to defend us, stood behind me near our front door.

"Milady, do we need to accompany you on your walk?" Oriana spoke up as I stepped down from our small elevation in front of our house.

Two stone steps made with white marble took me down to the road in front of our house.

It was simple dirt, and not paved yet.

But none of those who lived in Asgard had a reason to complain about the humbling conditions of the area where our nobles lived.

They did not mind the dirt roads connecting houses.

But occasionally it did prove a problem.

Rain was a disaster for the streets in Asgard. Mainly since dirt and water don't make the most stable ground.

But now I could only roam the streets to find my husband nowhere and have no clue where he would have gone after his business in the Shrine.

I spent time asking Caroll if she had seen him anywhere around. But she had not seen him since he passed her home on his way to the Shrine.

So in the end, I roamed the streets of Asgard filled with worry for nothing.

He had apparently a lot of things to keep him busy in the Shrine, and I chose to ask a guard who stood watch on the town square that bordered the Shrine and the Spell Park behind that.

No signs of Padge having left the Shrine since entering it, although there has been a lot of energy flying around ever since he had entered according to the guard.

He was a normal guard and not one of the Valkyries, but also one of the mages in our guard units so the man knew what he was talking about with the energies.

Defeated, I made my way back home where Ulrus, Arlen and their mother, Luna sat in front of the house.

Four winter wolves lying with them as both Ulrus and Arlen stood playing with the two younger winter wolves amidst them.

A mighty sight I have to admit that much, seeing seven wolves together. All the size of a full grown man, and yet four of the huge beasts are just playing rough like they are simple dog pups.