[Chapter 22, The Ganrosian Negotiation.]

[Author's Note]

Sorry for the late release of this chapter. I have been hyped while writing this one as I found that Rebirth of Fenrir has also passed 1k reads. Unfortunately a slight issue arose with an outing at Wattpad where I temporarily lost everything I had uploaded. Today is was back online and I have a little celebratory announcement. Since Both Debugging Another World and Rebirth of Fenrir have passed 1k reads, I'll be uploading a bonus chapter for both of those.

A warm thank you to all who have been reading my works. I hope you all enjoy both this weeks chapter of Rebirth of Fenrir and both the bonus chapters for Fenrir and Debug...

[Roll for initiative...]

[Alyssa's perspective]

I had just seen Duke Tah'kor bark orders at a timid rabbit kin girl.

Although the clothes on her were 'proper', that seemed aimed at the Duke's vanity.

The girl of seemingly only twelve years old wore a black slave collar around her neck.

Frightened looks around her kept me on edge around her.

She walked slightly ahead of me in total silence as I made my way through the halls of Fangdor Castle.

Without a word spoken, the girl stopped at a reddish wooden door. She held the door for me in silence and tried to run as soon as I was about to enter the room.

"Do you have a moment?" I asked her and her ears drooped as she gave a frightened look with her head held tensely, ready to take a beating.

A silent nod was what I received in return and I welcomed her into the room for a moment.

"Why are you so silent child?" I asked her and she opened her mouth to speak. "...I... gugh..." She uttered a single sound, and something seemed to choke her without anything present.

Frightened, her fingers clawed at the collar around her neck as she turned slightly blue in the face.

When I tried to calm her, she grew more and more panicked and soon passed out in the room.

I could see she still could not breathe.

Her chest moved erratically as she struggled to get in air, even though her consciousness had been lost already.

Wh-what am I supposed to do...?! I just tried to ask her something...

My mind ran wild and a brief moment of clearness filled my head.

I had been working on my chantless casting for a while now.

I needed to try at least something for her...

I closed my eyes a moment while the unconscious body of the rabbit kin girl lay before me shocking from lack of air.

My mind was already trained enough to detect magic around me rather simply.

I simply needed to focus to find it.

And I'll be damned.

That damned piece of black leather had some nasty magic flowing through it.

I kneeled next to the girl and with closed eyes, reached one hand for the thick leather that was strangling her.

I fueled my own magic into the collar and began to disrupt the magic I felt within.

I knew a few spells that could dispel other magic as it was being cast.

One was the same thing Padge had done while he taught me the chantless magic.