[Chapter 11, Kitsune Rising.]

[Padge's perspective]

Breath heaving I ran home.

Knowing Alyssa, she would wake soon, and I needed to be there for her.

A blood curdling scream came from our home as I ran up the steps to the front door.

"Alyssa?!"

My panic began and I bashed though the door instead of opening it. The sheer force I put into the shoulder bash, I lunged into our living room, tumbling and rushed into the hall.

"Alyssa?!"

I called for her again and made my way to our bedroom.

Frightened sobbing came from the other side of the door and I felt my heart sink through the floor.

I had failed her.

But she is still my wife, I had to go in there.

It's my task now to comfort her.

With a heavy heart I reached for the doorknob and opened the door.

[Alyssa's perspective]

I woke early that morning, holding on to Padge's pillow as I pressed it into my chest.

He had not joined me the night before.

I had fallen asleep after a long and confusing day, but I had to cry myself to sleep.

My tails felt odd the moment I woke but I made head start to rearrange our pillows back to where they usually were on the bed.

With my feet on the warm fur at my side of the bed I began to get changed from my night wear I had tried, into daily clothes, but there a great terror awaited me.

[Padge's perspective]

As I opened the bedroom door I soon saw my wife without her usual nightgown. I had briefly forgotten what she had worn the evening before.

But Miyako's blessing with the spell had definitely reached Alyssa.

"Wh-what h-hap-p-pened to me?" Alyssa asked with fear filled eyes as she noticed me enter the room.

She had her arms wrapped around three of her tails which she hugged with a terrified expression from between her legs where she turned them forward.

Still other than the three tails she held she sat amidst another six. Her fur had slightly changed color and the black tips of her fur had changed the most drastically.

Her red fur had turned dark blonde and the black tips had turned a dark gray.

"Padge... Baby... what's happening to me?!"

With a frightened scream she hugged her three old tails as I stepped closer.

"The Kitsune Goddess, Miyako, she helped me with the spell to help you..." I explained and Alyssa's red, teary eyes grew large with fear and her arms let go of her three tails.

"What did you do to me?!" Her voice catching as she cried, Alyssa lunged for me and violently shook me.

"I helped your dear husband with an issue he wished to help you with." A feminine voice replied from behind me.

And Alyssa's eyes grew in fear.

"D-did y-you ch-cheat on me?" She asked frightened and Miyako shook her head and spread her fan of nine tails before leaping onto the sheets in her fox form, next to Alyssa.

A silence fell over us, but Alyssa repeatedly nodded at the Kitsune Goddess next to her.

After a long silence, for me at least, Alyssa looked at me with teary eyes.