VOL.3 [Chapter 1, Return.]

[Author's note]

A quick heads-up for those who are interrested, the new ebooks go live for download on my patreon for the Overpowered Protag tier this sunday. Subscribe now and get them as soon as they release.

Roll for initiative...

[Padge's perspective]

I woke the next morning to the gentle shaking of our mattress.

"Huh?" I muttered, having only half recovered from my own rage the night before.

"...-m s-s-sc-sca-ar-red..." I heard Alina's whimpering as she cried.

A gentle hand was already on her shoulders as she cried into Pomae's bust who held her in her arms.

"We're here. We're here." Pomae spoke in soothing tones.

"You finally woke?" She asked me, looking up from my distraught daughter.

"How long has she been awake?" I asked her and she gave me a scornful look.

"Well, since you didn't wake up, I've been trying to calm our daughter for the past two bells." She told me, understandably annoyed.

"I'm sorry. That siege yesterday took its toll on me as well." I replied and she nodded.

As Alina noticed I had woken at last, she flung her arms around my neck in fear and tears.

"A-A-Al-lin-na's sc-sca-r-re-ed...!" She screamed as she was completely in tears.

"It's okay, Lina... no-one will hurt you anymore." I told her and she looked up at me with large eyes, filled with fear.

Suddenly, she let go of me, clutching her arms around her chest.

She had grown in that regard as well and Alyssa and Pomae had gotten her several bras. But right now, she simply pulled her knees against her breasts, arms pulling them even closer as she sat rocking back and forth in utter fear on our bed.

[Alyssa's perspective]

After we had a troubled breakfast, Seleris took the chance to calm Alina, more than we could.

She made a vow for the girl.

One I knew from Padge's shocked response, we should not take lightly.

"Lina... listen... I swear this as a vow to you, okay..." She addressed our daughter, who looked at her with terrified eyes.

"If anyone ever hurts you in such a way, I shall bring Ragnarök raining down on them. I'll show the world my true form and destroy any country that harms you. And know that like this... I'm not even the size of a single tooth of my true form." She told her and I leaned into Padge, asking what had me worried.

"That raining down Ragnarök... is that... bad?" I asked him and he paled at the idea.

"Yes, very. Jormungandr is the world serpent, she's long enough to wrap around the entire world and hold the tip of her tail in her mouth. And in my old world... Ragnarök was considered the end of the world among the people who worshipped the gods like Odin and Thor.

If she's willing to do that for Lina... we have a massive protection and an even larger liability." He told me and I paled at the very idea of a snake so massive it could wrap around the entire world.

The idea was, frankly, terrifying if that snake went and attacked anything.

"R-really?" Alina asked Seleris who nodded, manifesting her Divinity between her hands and offering a small amount of it to Alina as a seal on her vow.