VOL.2 [Chapter 40, The beach-episode.]

[Author's note]

This kind of chapter had to come eventually, there is no slice of life nor harem anime/light novel/ manga that doesn't have one and they are fun to write (This book didn't get this for the 'harem' part, seeing it isn't a harem story, but slice of life still needs this somewhere) 

Enjoy a good bit of fanservice...

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

[Alina's perspective]

I had slept in long but woke to the loud chirping of the little bugs Big Sis Pomae had told me were called cicadas.

They make a funny sound. It's almost like the chirping of birds, only more pitched and in quicker succession to the sound they just finished.

I'm getting curious what they look like.

Never before, not in Ganrosia, with old Mommy and Daddy, nor in Yggdrasil with new Mommy and Daddy, had I heard this kind of sound coming from bugs.

But with a great leap, I jumped from my bed and onto the soft mats that made up the flooring.

They had a slight brownish-green hue to them and were really soft.

The moment I went to bed the night before, while Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis had a talk with Auntie Miyako, I had lain on my belly for a while, simply looking at the way the mats for the floor were made.

I had noticed they were really long and thin strips of some sort of plant. They were tied together in small bundles and those were stitched into large mats of about three by six foot with thick cloth binding them all together.

I had been really intrigued by the odd flooring.

But now that I was getting dressed, I pulled my shirt up my legs, the halter neck over my head and then tied the strips that go between my wings to it.

"Skirt, skirt... skirt..." I stood mumbling while I went through my skirts Mommy and Daddy had packed for me.

They hung in the closet built into the wall and I stood tapping my foot as I wondered which one I would get into.

Mommy and I had a lot of clothing custom made for the holiday, so I really wanted to wear each and every one of them.

"You win!" I called and took one of the skirts from its hanger and got into it with a flourish.

"Tie, tie, tie!" I stood singing a little, while I tied the lace that kept the skirt on my hips and then ran from my room.

"Big Sis, why are you sleeping in the living room?" I asked Pomae when I found her sleeping.