63

"I know its around here somewhere," Jimin mumbles to himself as he scrambles through the pile of papers in his father's office. He stands up and pats down his jeans as they were covered in layers of dust. "Where the fuck is it?" As Jimin looks around, he just sees more piles to look in.

I better hurry up before dad gets home.

At that moment, Jimin hears a bang on that floor, as if something had fallen. Jimin's first instinct is to drop to the floor, in an attempt to hide if it was his father. After waiting for what seemed like years, Jimin slowly stood back up and stood still for extra precaution, careful to listen to any other additional noises. He slowly walks toward the door and slides through the creak that he had slid through earlier. When he is finally through, he immediately spots a frame on the floor, with broken pieces of glass surrounding it.

"What's this?" Jimin approaches the fallen frame and bends down, carefully grabbing it as to not cut himself. He flips it around, and almost drop sit in shock when he sees who it was. The woman in the picture was someone who meant so much in the boy's eyes. His eyes being one of the ways that he resembled the woman laughing in the picture. Jimin brings the frame to his chest and looks down in nostalgia, remembering the times where he laughed and smiled regularly, not every few days and weeks. "Mom..."

It was a shocker to Jimin that a picture of his mother was still around since after her death his father burned all of their pictures together and everything else related to her. It had been years since he had seen any trace of her, even almost starting to forget her sweet voice.
_
"Jimin? My love come here!" Mrs. Park yelled from downstairs, as she continued slicing her vegetables. A few seconds later, a little boy appeared one of the brightest smiles in the world on his little face.

"Yes mommy?" he calls out, as he tried his best to get on the tall chair next to his dear mother. He looks at all the cut vegetables in front of him and suddenly takes an interest. "Can I help?" Mrs. Park ruffles the boy's hair, smiling in awe at the most adorable face in the world to hers.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to help me, but it seems as I don't have to anymore. How about you rinse the carrots in the sink?" Jimin nods, getting off the chair in a jump with carrots in his little arms. He goes to the sink with his chair behind him and adjusts himself to perform his assigned tasks with pure success. Helping his mother in the kitchen was always one of his favorite things. The ability to be able to bond over something they could both enjoy in the end and learn new things that his mother would teach him as well.

"I'm done!" Little Jimin declares, sticking his hands out with clean carrots as he also bent down. Mrs. Park laughs at her son's behavior and takes the carrots, already beginning to slice them up into perfect skinny rectangles. Jimin appears next to her once more and has his full attention on the way the knife moved, carefully examining every direction his mother moved the knife. "How come you cut them so perfectly without making mistakes?" Jimin asks, shifting his eyes to his mother who smiled at the compliment.

"Well, back then when my mother was alive, she always used to make me cut the vegetables meanwhile she did the other work so when she was done, I would simply give them to her. I used to cut them so uneven your grandmother would get so upset!" Mrs. Park lets out a chuckle, herself having a sense of nostalgia. "But, now I wonder if she would get upset now. I think I cut them nicely, don't you think? The thing is, it takes time and patience to get better at something. Even when you feel like giving up, don't. You know why?" Mrs. Park says, her little story somehow managing to turn into a life lesson like always. Jimin nods his head no. "Because things will get better. Something always bad has to happen first before any good. It's how you know you're doing it right."
-
"Things will get better. Something always bad has to happen before any good. It's how I know I'm doing it right," Jimin softly mumbles as he has a memory play in his head from the past, his finger softly caressing the picture. He sets the frame down the table in front of him, and gets on top of it, curious as to why there was still a picture left. Jimin goes on his tippy-toes and looks on top of the tall cabinet, and immediately feels his eyes beginning to tear up. "Snuggles?" Jimin questions to the bear covered in dust, reaching out to grab it. He pats the bear down, each releasing a bunch of dust that had been gathering there for years. A tear begins to fall down the boy's cheeks, "Oh, snuggles. I've missed you so much."

Jimin places the bear down, telling him that he will get back to him in a bit. He gets back on his tippy-toes, looking for any more lost memories. Just as he is about to give up, he spots something, another picture of his mother, but when she was younger and accompanied by someone else.

"Who is this? I don't remember her."

Jimin turns the picture around to look for a date and finds a blurred one.

February 17, 1999.

"Oh, she was nineteen here then," Jimin remarks, looking for any additional note about who was in the picture with her.

Eunjoonie! Love you so much!
-Minnie

"Minnie?" Jimin wonders aloud, seeming confused at the name. He didn't recall any woman named Minnie from his mother's past, but once he was finally free he knew this would be one of his first adventures after freedom. Jimin gets off the table and grabs his old bear and the two pictures that he now claimed. A door rattles, making Jimin start to dash to his room to hide what he had just found. He wasn't going to let them get ripped away from him this time.

"JIMIN YOU BITCH GET DOWN HERE!" A voice yelled from downstairs, Jimin coming to the call.
___________________________________
——————————————————————————
Hello! Sorry for not updating last week I had a lot of exams! Just letting you guys know updates will now be Saturday's at 9 pm EST. This will help me and give you guys better content!

Don't forget to vote, please! Love you all! ❤️💜