32

Slight trigger warning ⚠️

"What you are and everything you've done is illegal," Tsukauchi was saying as he sat on the chair Jr was previously at. "There's no getting around that. No matter how much you've helped and the impact you've had on society, it is still my job to punish you. You've caused complete chaos for us detectives and if I don't give you consequences, then all the nights everyone spent working will be all for nothing."

Izuku looked down at his now freed hands and wrung them together. He was injected with a serum that momentarily weakened his quirk. So basically, he couldn't use it. If he did, it wouldn't be enough to escape.

He fiddled with his new bracelet and couldn't help but hear Jr's words echo off his scull as if his brain was non-existent.

He didn't respond. He couldn't find the right words. He couldn't find ANY words. It was over. Everything was over. Everything he had built, worked for, made worth living. It was gone. All because he wasn't strong enough.

Now people were going to call out for him, and he will be unable to save them. People were going to die because he didn't have the strength to keep fighting for them.

He knew that he was going to have to put the suit away sooner than later because he could barely hold himself up at times, but he didn't think it would come so quick.

"How about the people you vowed to protect? When they call to you, where will you be?"

Izuku closed his eyes shut, squeezing them tightly. The voices never leave. They're always there, moving around inside him and destroying everything still sane in his head.

It may have been a dream, but every word said still hung in his brain like every other memory he's tried to forget.

Worthless

Useless

Wanna be

Villain

Weak

Fag

Murderer

Killer

Damn Deku

Incapable

Unworthy

Filthy

Mut

Mistake

Kill yourself

Die

Kill yourself

Die

Kill yourself

Die

Kill yourself

Die

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

KILL YOURSELF

KILL YOURSELF

"Midoriya? Midoriya? Midoriya?" Tsukauchi waved his hand in front of Izuku's face, trying to get his attention.

Izuku blinked out of his daze and lifted his eyes back to Tsukauchi. "S-sorry," he stuttered quietly. "I spaced out."

Tsukauchi smiled gently and placed a hand on Izuku's shoulder. "I was just saying thank you."