25

The heroes ran down the street, their footsteps echoing as their shoes flapped against the sidewalk. Pedestrians looked over at the sound of them approaching and gasped, shocked to see such a large group of heroes so late at night. One woman even hid her frightened son behind her leg as they exited a supermarket.

"Vision!" Eraser called from the back of the group, his goggles down, game face on. No matter how guilty he was, this was still his job. No matter how much he wanted to keep Izuku from getting caught, he knew it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen. Both halves of Izuku, his true identity and his vigilante identity was both placed in his hands. They were his responsibility to take care of and find. They were his case. If he gave up and said he didn't want to do it, that would only raise suspicions and get himself and his family in trouble.

The short, bubbly girl slowed her run until they were side by side. The only reason Eraserhead was in the back was because he didn't want Izuku to know he was leading this raid. If he was seen in the front, it would give him away.

One day, when Izuku was securely put in UA and was legally living with him, he'd tell him. He'd confess to all this and everything would be okay. But for now, Izuku will be under the anger and shock of being caught and being forced into a school he purposely avoided. With those emotions, there's no doubt Izuku will blame all his frustration on the eraser hero.

This was for the both of them.

For their relationship.

"Yes Eraser?" The girl asked and he tore his eyes away from the back of the heads of the heroes in front of him and made eye contact with her.

"We're going to need you," he said sternly over the sound of their steps. "You may not think your quirk is useful to us, but it is. Probably as useful as anyone here with a capture type quirk."

"How?!" She asked dubiously, a blush dusting her cheeks. A lot of people looked down on her quirk as she grew up but here Aizawa was, telling her how important it was.

"Simple. If you've done your research, you know that Night Watch relies on his ability to mask his presence with the shadows he effortlessly slips into. Because you can see in the dark, you can keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't escape using as much martial arts as you can. You probably won't have to worry too much about combat thought, because of all the heroes here too."

Vision nodded determinedly, fist clenching as a fire burned behind her eyes. "So.." she started awkwardly, trying to ease the tension that was only getting bigger as they grew closer to the destination. "Wanna get drinks some time?"

Aizawa's eyes widened in surprise. He hadn't been asked out, since what? High school?

"Don't know about you Vision," he said with a shrug. "But I've already settled down. I've got a husband and some kids."

He was even more surprised when she began to laugh. He looked over at her with a weird look, trying to decipher her sudden outburst.

She wiped a tear from her eye and grinned at Aizawa as she tried to control herself. "Oh Aizawa," she managed to get out before breaking into another fit of laughter. "I-I didn't mean it that way!"

Aizawa felt a blush form on his cheeks as it settled on him and he shivered in embarrassment. He coughed awkwardly. "My mistake."

They ran in silence, the embarrassment just too heavy too continue. But that didn't stop Vision from not being capable of holding in her laughs. She would bite her lip to stop the giggles but one look at Aizawa and the moment before would replay in her mind and she'd just break again.

"Y-you should've seen your face!" She teased, pointing a finger at Aizawa who just glared ahead.

"You two!" Endeavor called from the front. Both of their heads shot up to look at him just to see he was already glaring at them over his shoulder. "This is not playtime. Stop messing around and take this seriously."