18

Back to present time😖

Regaining focus, Izuku quickly rushed through the warehouse to the backyard. His heart was struck to see Sensei's chair pushed over and ripped. Probably from the weather.

Just like the front garden, the field was invaded by dry weeds. The dead grass crunched under his feet and with each crunch, his heart broke more.

He reluctantly walked to the chair and crouched down so he could  touch the fabric. "What would Sensei say if he was here..?" Izuku mused out loud to himself.

"He'd probably say something like "WHO TOUCHED MY SACRED CHAIR? IT STILL HELD MY GOOD LUCK TOE NAILS!"

Izuku jumped at the familiar voice before freezing. He didn't move. He couldn't say anything. What was he doing here? Didn't he move to Australia with his aunt and parents?

He heard footsteps approaching him and he tensed, fingers curling around the metal of the chair so tight that his knuckles went white.

"Did you miss me?" JR asked and stopped behind Izuku.

The greenette didn't look over but he could see his shadow hovering over him. What was he doing there..?

That's all he could think. His mind was fogged and frozen over. He hadn't spoken to the red head since he had a fall out with Sensei. He had moved to Australia without even a goodbye. It had been so long, so...why was he here? Did he move back?

Finally coming back to reality, Izuku stood up and slowly turned around. His green eyes met crimson.

Jr held a devious smirk, obviously aware of the effect his presence had on the greenette. "Jr..." Izuku mumbled, unable to say anything else.

But that was enough to piss him off. "My God Izuku," he shook his head, the smirk slipping. "You're still with that dumb nick name? How many times do I have to tell you to call me Ha-" before he could finish Izuku had gained control over his tongue and could speak again.

"Jr, what are you doing here?"

With a roll of his eyes Jr responded. "I moved back here, duh." His eyes fell to the destroyed chair and then to the warehouse before back to Izuku's own. "This place is a dump." He dug his hands into his pockets and bit his lip gently. "Where's Sensei? I've been coming here daily to try and catch him, but I have yet to spot him. Did you guys switch training grounds?"

Then it struck him.

Jr didn't know.

He didn't know...

About the accident with...

Izuku's eyes teared up a bit momentarily before he quickly slipped behind his cold mask and tilted his head, his curls sliding over. "You don't know, do you?"

"No duh." Jr replied irritatedly, rolling his eyes.

Izuku swallowed hard before pointing to the woods. "He's by the stream."

Jr smirked. "I'll go see him, then! It's been awhile! Is he still mad at me?"

Pain wrapped around Izuku's heart and he inhaled softly. "Yeah," he answered. "Last time I checked, he was still pretty angry."

Jr shrugged before heading into the woods. "Maybe I can change that."

Izuku looked down sadly before watching his back walk into the woods. He was going to get answers, but not the ones he wanted.

After a second he quickly ran after him. No matter how much the two disliked each other, this was something Jr was gonna need an explanation for.

As they walked the familiar path, the woods seemed ominously quiet. They paused, now that even the sound of their own footfalls was silent, all that could be heard was the susurration of the leaves in the gusty wind.