27

Gabs eyes me suspiciously as she hands me the bottle of wine, trailing her eyes over Toby's sweatpants and hoodie clinging to my body, my hair in a messy, wet bun on the top of my head.

"What?"

She raises her brows, a smirk playing on her lips. "Tobes has totally claimed you." She gestures to my attire, and I roll my eyes at her, shaking my head. "You also have a hickey on your neck, do you forget you work with children?"

I frown, my hand reaches up to my neck, leaving Gabs standing in the immaculate kitchen while I find a mirror in the small bathroom on the ground floor, my eyes widen in the reflection at the size of the mark Toby left on my skin two hours ago.

Being so in the zone and riding my high, I didn't realise he was sucking so hard. "Mother fucker," I blurt, imagining many ways to kill Toby Mitchell.

"Told you," Gabs says, crossing her arms and leaning her elbows on the kitchen island. "Just hide it with makeup."

"Hide what?" Toby asks, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder. I try not to smile, keeping my expression unphased as Gabs watches me with a knowing look, she can see that I'm melting inside, something I don't do often around a guy.

"This," I reply, pointing to my neck. He responds by kissing it, making me giggle and Gabs throws her hands up, leaving the kitchen, returning to Justin in the sitting room. I turn in Toby's arms, looking up at him. "You can't do this again." I gesture to the mark. "I work in a hospital, it's unprofessional."

"I'm sorry, I was... distracted," he replies, smirking, pressing a soft kiss to my lips and lifting me onto the counter, settling himself between my parted legs. "I do have a surprise for you, though."

"You do?" He nods, his hands looping behind me and pulling me against him. "What is it?"

"You'll see." He smiles at me, yanking me off the counter and carrying me with my legs wrapped around him, making Gabs huff and tell us to get a room as he drops back on the couch next to her and Justin.

We spend the next few hours watching Tv, drinking probably too much wine, and the buzz is welcoming. I think Toby is drunk because all he keeps doing is kissing my neck and twirling my hair, staring at me with hooded eyes, touching me, and even whispering in my ear, asking me to stay longer.

I nearly agreed when the Chinese was delivered, my surprise being a beef curry landing on my lap, Toby telling me I cried the night he took me home because I ordered the wrong food.

"Can we go upstairs?"

I shake my head at his whispering, nudging his hand away as he tries to cup my sex. "Stop it," I hiss, my head tilting to Gabs and Justin on the other side of the large couch. The U-shape giving us enough room to lounge and keep our distance. "They can actually see us this time."

"And we can hear you," Gabs says, making my eyes widen, a giggle falling from my lips when she glares over at me. "Talk quieter."

Toby huffs, burying his face into my shoulder. "Can I kill her?"

"Please," Gabs says, throwing Toby daggers for interrupting the movie again. "Now can you both shut the fuck up?"

Toby turns, gaping at Gabs, expressionless, as if he's in some trance. "It would bring me great pleasure to hold your head underwater and watch you drown."

Both mine and Gabriella's mouths drop open, glaring at Toby in horror. My heart speeds up, all my hairs standing on end, staring at him. "What?"

A few moments of silence pass before he bursts out laughing, burying his head into my stomach. "He's joking, guys!" Justin sighs, chuckling, hitting Toby with a pillow. "Stop being fucking weird."