Anger and Regret

Dillan's POV

It's been two days once my fight with Kane and I can't stop thinking about it.

It hurts because he knew he was leaving, he already had a plan and he didn't tell me, after promising me that he wouldn't leave me behind.

Even though we didn't always get along great, I paid attention and I know that the last thing he wanted to do was to get show his family up and prove that no matter what he said, he could do it. And he was, he was doing it all by himself.

And yet, he gave up so easily.

Maybe it's because I was there.

Maybe it was because they were.

Maybe it was because of how he lost.

But I don't know because he didn't tell me anything. I asked and asked and asked and all he ever said was that he was sore and tired. Never once did he mention moving back into the body where his parents couldn't take the time to raise him. Never once did he tell me that he wanted to go to school and become a lawyer.

He told me he hated the idea and the fact that his whole family didn't believe in him. But I did, and yet it wasn't enough.

I lie on my bed, missing work and I feel myself starting to over think the whole situation.

Because maybe I didn't support him enough. Even if this this wasnt his plan and this isn't what he wanted, maybe I should have told him I would stay, even if I wouldn't be caught dead going in that mansion.

I feel my anxiety kick in as I think about everything he's been through even without me bitching and yelling in his face.

And suddenly I don't know what to think, but I do know is that to figure it out, I need to hurry and get over to his house before he leaves and I give up the chance for two of us to maybe make something worm, even if we can't get it immediately.

I hurry out of bed, my heart pouting as I grab my running shoes, grateful for the times I chose to work out with Kane in the morning. I hastily grab my keys and my phone before I'm racing out of the apartment.

The pavement is hard and harsh against my joints as I run, but I ignore it, hoping and praying to anyone that will listen that I'm not too late.

For once I'm not worried about cars or or anything else that's in my way, racing through the streets even if the hand signal is red.

I run for miles and by the time I get there I'm out of breath and gasping for air. But as I come up to the front door the only thing I see is the for sell sign in front of the door, a lock placed tightly on the knob.

He's gone.

I'm too late.

Just like last time it's my fault.

Just like last time, I got left behind.

Unable to breath anymore, I sit down right there in the middle fo the driveway and let my teeth's fall, my chest rising and falling with tears.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

He wasn't supposed to leave.

I shouldn't have let him go.

~~~~~~~~~
Last two chapters people. very short, and right to the chase. I'm not too sure how I feel about this book it's not in my tops. maybe you guess will feel differently since you're reading it through.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Whats the worst flavor in general? The correct answer is orange flavor.