Calls and Scoutting

Kane's POV

After Dillan goes to work, I immediately change into my gym gear, deciding to work from home. As much as I like being around Dillan one thing I can say is that he is bad for my training. Whenever he's around all I can think about is his smile and the way his fingers tap against his legs when he's thinking.

Not great motivation to do work.

And when I go to his gym, I can feel his eyes on me even though he pretends like he's not paying attention to anything I'm doing.

One of these days he's going to stop being so damn stubborn and admit that he likes me more than as a hook up. But until then, I'm going to keep being "an annoying little shit that won't leave him alone." As he calls it. Even though he's the one that likes to stay at my house.

I feel my lips twitch in amusement at the idea before I force myself to focus.

I haven't had a fight in months and though I've been training myself here at home and the gym, I know my skills have become more than dusty over these past few months, especially over the last two that Dillan and I have been around each other.

That man could distract a fish from swimming if he wanted to.

I wrap some tape around my fingers as I think about what kind of work out I want. I think about going running, but it's already closing on nine o'clock and all it would do is make me hot sweaty and irritated.

Instead, I head to the back where I store all my workout gear and grab a jump rope, unwrapping it from the beat bow I put it in before shaking it out. I lay it in the floor beside me and begin to stretch, moving my body to release my thigh muscles and get the blood moving correctly.

I can't count how many times I've forgotten to stretch before a work out and only ended with a sore body and dehydrated as fuck.

I sit on the floor and stretch my legs, humming a song that Dillan was singing this morning to himself. I lay my leg out to the side before I reach my hand over and grab my foot stretching my body to the side as I let my mind fall blank.

While others use their work out time to think or even work, my time is to get my shit together.

I've always had a hunch of things going on in my life and while most get rid of it with smoking and alcohol every night, I don't want to be like that. Instead I use my work out as a body cleanser.

So as I go further into my stretches I don't focus one anything's bit even Dillan as I start to get my kind ready for the day.

Just as I get up and I'm about to start jump roping, my phone, sitting on top of my bag in the corner, starts ringing loudly. I think about ignoring it and going on about my day, but instead, I sigh to myself and go to grab it, my brow raising when I see it's Tab calling. I lift the phone to my ear after picking up the call and greet the woman on the other side of the line.

"Hey, Tab, what's up?" My friend Tabatha is the only person besides the workers around the family mansion that supports me in everything I do, even something as dangerous as fighting.

In fact, she's the one that tells me about the underground and unofficial fights that go on around the city, helping me keep on my toes and stay on my best level year round as I wait for the official fights to start.

"Kane how are you?" She asks me, he voice smooth and raspy soothing in a satisfying way.

"I'm great Tab. You got anything for me?" I ask her and I can hear the smile in her voice.

"I do, do you remember Scorpion? You fought him about six months ago and you won after knocking him out and breaking his nose?" She asks me but I'm already nodding before she can even finish.

"I remember. "

"He wants an unofficial rematch. He said the place doesn't matter but he wants to see if he's able to hold his own against you know after half a year of training." She tells me and my smile catches on to my face as I think about how this is the perfect thing I needed to see where I am at so I can build upon that.

"When does he want the match?" I ask her and she hums for a second as she looks through her notes more than likely.

"One month from now. How's that?" She asks.

"Sounds great Tab and I think I know which gym I want it at, let me talk to them about it and I'll let you know." I tell her and she agrees. The two of us continue to chat and talk, a smile not leaving my face in the excitement to finally get back on track to proving everyone in my life wrong.

When we get off the phone, I hang up before turning on some music, throwing my phone in the corner on top of my bag as I pick up the jump rope I had let fall to the floor earlier.

And with a much bigger pep in my step and a larger smile I begin to practice once more, my smile unable to leave my face a I get back on track to getting everything I've been framing up for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~
alright guys we're halfway done with this book. If things go right and my sleepiness and Stan stay in check I will have about.... 22? chapters done before I go to sleep I think.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: What's your gas station order?