promises

Our wedding is in a week

I had gone through countless training and at a point lady fei was finally satisfied and deemed me fit, and my entire body had sagged in relief.

We still had lessons but they were far and inbetween.

All our friends would be arriving today since they wanted to be here early.

Apparently, the guys had something planned for orlan and I knew tera and lia would never let this opportunity slip even though they hadn't said anything yet.

I had started going to the school again, orlan wasn't so busy all the time and things were nice.

Of course wedding preparations were still full speed ahead

"So your highness, princess, are we settled on blue drapes? " our wedding planner asked from her place on the gahma opposite us.

We both sat on the same gahma facing her, hands entetwined in the middle, with his bigger one rubbing circles on my hand,

even though he kept his attention on the wedding planner who looked at us expectantly, but whose gaze kept darting to our hands.

"Yes, that's fine " he answers and I press down on his arm.

From the corner of my eye I see him give me a look but I ignore it, staring back at our wedding planner with a smile on my face.

"I think the drapes should be white " she raises an eyebrow

"hum okay, if that's okay with you and his highness "

I smile at him, eyes big and he scoffs

"We agreed on blue love " he grits out while trying to smile at the same time.

I pout " you practically want everything to be blue" I say and he gives me a mock offended look

"I do not " I stare at him blankly

"The utensils and wallpaper and chairs, also the mural-"

"it's a nice color " he counters looking Adorable with a pout on his face

"I think you're just biased " I say with a fond smile, hand running through his face and his eyes soften.

He picks up my hand and kisses the back of my hand

"Unashamedly " he whispers not breaking eye contact and even though my heart beats alot faster at that I grin at him.

"That's sweet, but white drapes " I say keeping the grin on my face, he huffs but relents.

We both seem to remember the presence of the wedding planner at the same time and we both find her watching us with a fond look on her face.

She snaps out of it quickly and the meeting continues, when she stands up to leave is when she meets my eyes.

"I know it's not my place but-" she starts and orlan raises an eyebrow

"I can't wait to see you both get married " she says practically beaming with happiness

And again I'm reminded of just how much the people are waiting for our wedding, and not for the first time I feel a little overwhelmed.

Orlan pulls me closer till I'm practically snuggling into his shoulder and I look up to see a smile on his face as he looks back at the wedding planner.

"I can't wait too" he says and I melt instantly

"I have to go kiara, I have a meeting with the ministers now " he says into my hair.