Chapter 11 - Lie to Me (October 01, 2020)

Date posted: October 01, 2020

Chapter 11 - Lie to Me

Odyssey and Perseus were both shaking as they held each other's arms. But the younger clearly was more overwhelmed by his yearning. Nobody knew that his feelings were even greater than Odyssey's grief.

Nobody knew what he really feels inside.

It would be a lie if he would say this doesn't consume his mind— that he seems to be alone in this realm of polarizing feelings. It was awful, yes. But in the end, he was just thankful. Because he is willing to swallow all these knives than to tell his brother

In the end, he just wallowed into the brightness of his brother's grace, like it can actually save him from his darkness.

"It's all good... It's all good, you're here." Bulong ng nakatatandang kapatid niya habang hinahagod ang likod niya na parang umaalo ng umiiyak na bata. Dahil totoo naman. Because no matter what happens, no matter how old they become, Perci will always be the baby brother.

As Odyssey pats on his shoulder, Perci's reasons why he didn't allow himself to come back and feel how doting his brother is to him were all thrown out of the window. Just like that.

Matagal din silang nasa ayos na 'yun bago bumalik sa normal ang pakiramdam ni Perci. Nawala ang panginginig. Nabawasan ang kaba. At unti-unti ring pumapasok ang hiya.

Marami nga palang nakapaligid sa kanila ngayon.

And it wasn't supposed to be a reunion like this. They were all clearly here for another matter. For someone else, and not to witness Perci's welcoming party like a prodigal brother. How can his brother say that it's all good when it's not. When the brightest sun of their lives has permanently ceased to rise.

Suddenly, he feels unwell again.

"Kuya..." Aniya habang lumalayo sa pagkakayakap sa kapatid niya.

Napatingin siya sa paligid at may kaunting luha rin sa mga mata ang mga nandoon, lalo na si Mizelea na kanina pa pinipigilan ang nararamdaman.

"Ang ate mo..." Odyssey calmly gestured towards the chapel. Kahit ano man ang nangyari, mahinahon pa rin ito sa pagbalita sa kaniya ng lahat.

"I-I know..."

"Saan ka ba kasi talaga nanggaling?!" It was Mizzy who's still pushing this thread of conversation.

"What happened to you?" Ani Odyssey. Katulad ni Mizzy, may halong pagaalala at galit ang boses nito habang nakatingin sa tungkod na dala niya.

And once again, it was Luntian who has spoken on his behalf.

"Nadulas lang siya." She said almost matter-of-factly sabay ngiti dahil alam niyang finally, she was given a chance to show herself. Like a proud peacock showing her beautiful feathers, she even smiled.

It was breathtaking— her smile— that even Mizzy didn't notice how she stopped sniffing.

"Hi po." Luntian gave a little wave to the people around before extending her hand to Perci's brother as if she knew which thighs to hug to get favor. "I'm Lulu."

Inabot ni Odyssey ang kamay nito sabay tingin sa kapatid na nanatiling tahimik lang sa tabi.

"You are?" It was Mizzy again, completely curious. asking the same question again.

"Girlfriend." Nakangiti nitong sagot. "Perci's girlfriend."

Perci felt his eyebrows twitch like a bad omen. He really can't believe how shameless this person is. Nasa harap sila ngayon ng kapilya. But this girl can lie without even batting an eyelash. She even adopted a shy expression even though he knew how wild and shameless she can be.