Chapter 32

Song of the Chapter : She by Harry Styles

Hero's POV

             "The house with the most points currently is..."

       Blaise whines.  "If she says Gryffindor I might just throw a tantrum!"

             I roll my eyes and turn back to McGonagall. "SLYTHERIN!"

          Everyone at our table hollers, even Draco. "It's bloody about time!"

          I place a kiss on his lips in celebration and smile. I'm honestly surprised we're in the lead right now, considering the number of points Slytherin has lost due to Theodore's constant trouble-making.

               "Now for the announcement you have all been waiting for." McGonagall quiets the room. "It is once again time for our fall dance."

          I shield myself before Daphne can squeeze but she manages to grab a hold of my arm anyway.

           "Please be a good theme! Please be a good theme!" She chants in my ear.

             "The theme for this year's fall ball is black and white."

       All of the girls groan. "What the hell kind of theme is that?" Pansy huffs.

          I laugh to myself. Masquerade was definitely the best theme so far. Black and white is still nice, very elegant and clean.

       "Are you going to make me go to this one as well?" Draco whispers.

          "I didn't make you go last time and I won't make you go this time." I sigh. "Who knows, maybe Harry will ask me again this year-"

             "Alright! That's enough." Draco snaps.

         Daphne and Amber ask me to go shopping with them for dresses and I agree. I've saved up enough money to purchase my own dress this year thankfully.

       "Hey, do you think Hermione would want to join us?" Amber leans in.

       I turn around and scan the Gryffindor table. Just like always, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are sitting together.

         "I'm not sure," I reply. "Should I ask?"

         They both nod. Once McGonagall is done speaking I get up from the table and wave at the trio. They signal for me to take a seat and I do so.

         "Come to see me again, yeah?" Harry says sarcastically.

           I let out a chuckle. "Actually, I'm here to see Hermione."

        She looks up from her book awkwardly. "Oh, what can I help you with, Hero?"

      "I'm not sure if you've decided on going to the dance or not." I begin. "But Daphne, Amber, and I are going dress shopping after class tomorrow and would love for you to join."

         Hermione's eyes widen with surprise. Ron smiles at me subtly.

        "Are you sure you'd want me to come along?" She asks.

               I smile brightly and nod. "Of course."

         "You should go with them," Ron says softly. "After all, you need a dress for when I take you, right?"

            Hermione's face turns bright red. "Thank you for the invite, Hero. I'd love to come."

~~