Chapter 25

Song of the Chapter : Urs by John-Robert (thank u abbie for the song!)

Hero's POV

     Finals are tomorrow and I promised Draco an actual study session tonight after class. I usually never eat breakfast but it'll be a late night. I grab my things and rush upstairs to the great hall. Once inside Harry pulls me down next to him, Ron, and Hermione.

              "We never see you in the morning anymore." Ron points out.

       I shrug my shoulders. I turn to Harry who is lost in thought. "Did you want to tell me something or just miss my presence?"

     He lets out a chuckle but his smile quickly fades. "Are you seriously going out with Malfoy?"

      Ron and Hermione pretend to be occupied but I know they're listening. I run my hand through my hair and sigh.

              "What are you on about?"

    Ron interrupts. "It's just that, he's not a very good person..."

   My face gets red with frustration. "And you know this how?"

           The three of them stare at me confused. Harry finally decides to respond. "He's a death eater, Hero."

           He waits for a shocked reply but instead I continue to glare at him.

          "What makes you think he had a choice?" I snap. Their eyes widen. "Draco is 17 years old, he is a boy, just like you!"

           Harry looks down at his shoes embarrassed.

        "If you're actually as high and mighty as everyone claims, you would have been the bigger person and realized there is more to his story."

          None of them dare make eye contact with me. After waiting for a few moments I grab my things and begin walking away. Before exiting I turn back around and say one last thing.

             "All he has ever wanted is what you three have."

        Once I'm out of the great hall I walk to Dark Arts class and take a seat beside Daphne.

          "Are you okay?" She asks sympathetically.

          "I'm alright," I groan. "Do you think Draco is a bad person?"

        Daphne ponders for a minute. "Of course not, Hero. He just has a temper."

          I nod in agreement. Before I can respond I feel hands rubbing my shoulders.

         "Talking about me?" Draco asks sarcastically.

       I grab his hand and press it against my cheek. "Are we still studying later?"

        He nods then walks to his seat beside Crabbe. Daphne giggles to herself.

                    "What's so funny?"

      She stops laughing and turns to me. "I've just never seen him this way before."

       I turn in my chair and look at Draco. He's staring down at his textbook, the blonde hair covering his eyes. Each movement of the pencil in his hand is so delicate. Suddenly he looks up and makes eye contact with me.

           "It's not polite to stare." He shouts.

          I roll my eyes. He winks and goes back to his work.