Chapter 19

Song of the Chapter : Globe by Zateya

Hero's POV

Draco and I decide to skip for the rest of the day. While walking back to the Slytherin common room I mention craving sweets.

"I think I have a few chocolate frogs in my room if you want them." Draco replies.

I sigh. "No, I mean the really good stuff, like from Honeydukes."

He looks at me confused. "You know, the candy shop in Hogsmeade... "

Draco laughs. "Oh, yeah. That place. I've never been."

I stop in the middle of the hall. "You're joking, Daphne and I used to go every Wednesday!"

He doesn't say anything. "Draco, we have to go!"

He rolls his eyes dramatically. I know he wants to go, he just doesn't want to admit it.

"Stop acting like you're too cool for sweets." I huff.

Draco's eyes narrow. "But maybe I am too cool."

Before he can try running away I grab his robe sleeve and start walking out of Hogwarts. I feel him jokingly pulling back.

"Fine fine," He grabs his arm. "But can we not take the train?"

"What, do you want to walk?" I ask.

Draco ignores me and keeps going forward. As soon as we get down to the gate he takes a sharp turn into the locker rooms at the field. When he returns he's holding his broom.

"This will be much faster."

I try to hide my excitement. I've never been on a broom, and they're not the safest. But how could you turn down a chance to fly in the air?

Draco signals me to hop on behind him. My arms wrap around his waist tightly and before I can say I'm ready we're already off the ground. In an instant, Hogwarts turns into a small speck. The wind blows through my hair, crisscrossing pieces in my face. The smell of Draco's cologne fills my nose and I can't help but squeeze him tighter. Even though I can't see, I know he's smiling.

"How is it back there?" He shouts.

I try to think of something to say that will describe everything I feel in this moment, but nothing can compare. I just start laughing and Draco uses one of his hands to squeeze my thigh playfully.

When I look down I see Hogsmeade getting closer. Draco finds a spot to land the broom in the grass. As soon as we get on the ground I lift my leg over the broom and start racing towards Honeydukes. Draco doesn't try to catch up with me. I get to the door and wait patiently for him to join.

"You know it's not going anywhere, right?" He huffs.

I ignore him and go inside. The smell of Bott's Beans and saltwater taffy hit me. I see Draco peaking at the candy on the shelves. I can't believe he's been a part of the wizarding world his entire life and he's never been here. I mean, I know why, it's just sad. He probably thinks he shouldn't enjoy stuff like this.

"What kind of candy do you like?" I ask him.

"Surprise me."

Draco stands at the front of the store with his arms crossed. I try to coax him over to me but he just laughs at my facial expressions. Eventually, I give up and begin picking out my favorite flavors of taffy. After each one, I look over to him to get approval. He either shrugs his shoulders or makes a gagging face. Once I'm finished he meets me at the register and pays.