Chapter 8

Song of the Chapter : Bitter F**k by Joji

Blaise's POV

      I've known Draco for six years. We've had loads of ups and downs, and he's honestly not the greatest friend to have. But, I know his family so I understand better than others do. Malfoy is honestly who I consider my best friend.

     So I know when something's up with him. Since the first day back at Hogwarts he's been completely different. Maybe it's because he's working for The Dark Lord now; that probably has a lot to do with it. There's something else though...

        "Hello to you too!" Hero pouts.

    All morning I've been so lost in thought. I don't even remember how I got to class and I definitely didn't see her sit down.

         "Did you finish the charms paper?" She continues. "If you don't mind, I really need some pointers."

    This makes me laugh. Hero is one of the smartest people I think I've ever met. Not even just in school, but in life.

    I grab my paper out of my bag and hand it to her. She sighs with relief and starts to take notes down.

            "I saw Malfoy talking to you earlier, is everything alright?"

       She continues writing. "Everything is fine, why do you ask?"

    I would never try anything with Hero. Don't get me wrong, she's fucking stunning. But that doesn't mean we'd work well. Sometimes, though, I imagine it. What it would be like to call her mine. It would be scary at first, every guy at this school talks about her. And the crazy thing is she has no idea. There are times when we are working in class and out of the corner of my eye I see guys practically drooling. Then I look over at her, and she's just doing her work.

         "No reason." I mutter.

    I see the way Draco looks at her. It's not like the other boys do, but I don't think he's ever felt anything real towards anyone. No normal person would be able to see that he fancies her. When you've shared the same room for years it's a different story. Even Draco has no idea what he's feeling.

        "Anyways, Daphne, Pansy, Theodore, and I are going to get Butterbeer later today." I change the subject. "I'll hate you if you don't join."

   Hero looks at me excitedly. I can tell she really is grateful for all of us. No matter what we're doing she is having a good time. And after mentioning Butterbeer to her a few weeks ago she's been wanting to try it.

        "Alright, everyone!" Flitwick shouts from the back of the room. "Those essays better be done because we have a lot to do today."

    I see Hero add the finishing touches to her paper and drop her pencil. She wipes her head pretending to break a sweat.

Daphne's POV

     Blaise sent me an owl this morning and asked to meet before class. I rush to get ready and head upstairs to the great hall. When I come up to him he smiles and greets me.

"I need you to invite Draco to Butterbeer tonight." he says.

    I groan. Draco and I get along fine, he's just hard to talk to. But Blaise really wants to help him with Hero, which is really sweet of him. No one sees anything good in Malfoy, and I don't blame them. Blaise on the other hand sees something.

         "And what if he says no?"

        "Tell him Hero's going," Blaise replies. "He won't admit it, but he'll definitely want to go and make sure Theodore doesn't try anything on her."