Chapter 3

Song of the Chapter : Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit

Hero's POV

         I woke up super early and re-read some of the lessons in my books. I had a good feeling the second my eyes opened this morning. Most of the topics came to me pretty easily, and I had a pretty good understanding of them before finally heading to take my test.

         I'll spare you the details because nothing super exciting happened. I ended up sitting in an empty classroom alone for over an hour taking a lengthy exam. Most of the questions I knew, which was a relief.

       "For someone who knows nothing about magic you know quite a lot." Dumbeldore states. "You're not aware of any wizards in your family?"

       I shake my head. Maybe if I knew who my real parents were I'd understand more. Or maybe they're muggles as well. Unfortunately, I don't think I will ever know.

                     "Based on your scores you will be put into year six."

        The best news I could have possibly gotten. I'm not sure how I did so well but I no longer have to worry about being behind. After thanking Dumbeldore I race back up to my room and tell my roommates the good news.

        "That's totally insane!" Daphne shouts. "You're probably smarter than Hermione Granger!"

        Apparently Hermione was the top witch in her class. I highly doubt I'm any smarter than she is. She talks with such maturity and confidence, I bet a lot of the boys at Hogwarts adore her.

                     "Well," Pansy starts. "What's your first class?"

             I look down at the schedule I received. Underneath the words First class, it says Defense Against the Dark Arts.

           Pansy said Snape can be hard to get along with. She also said that his favorite student is the famous Draco Malfoy.

                     This will be interesting.

~~

        Daphne has the same first class so she and I walk together. When we get inside I spot two open seats in the second row. I grab Daphne's hand and bring her with me to the table. While waiting for class to begin I watch the other students choose their seats.

                "Oh Merlin," Daphne sighs. "Look who else has this class."

             I turn in my chair and look at the group of boys walking in. To the left is a pudgy boy with a buzzcut and to the right is a leaner boy with curly hair. And in the middle is Malfoy. As he walks in he makes direct eye contact with me. I quickly turn away and rest my head on my hand to try and avoid any conflict but he speaks up anyway.

                 "Why are you here?" he asks.

              "Maybe you've forgotten already, but I go to school here Malfoy." I snap back.

              His eyes narrow. "I see you've been asking about me considering I never told you my name." he scoffs. "I can't wait to tell my father about this."

            I roll my eyes and turn back around in my seat. Snape walks to the front of the room and leans against his desk. His eyes scan the class and slowly make their way to me.

             "A new student," he mutters. "Name?"

          "Hero Green, sir," I say back. His eyes widen and he stumbles. The class looks at me awkwardly while waiting for him to say something. But he says nothing. He just stares at me for what seems like a century.