Chapter 24

Song of the Chapter : Us by James Bay

Hero's POV

        The last day of sixth year is coming around the corner. I know everyone says this, but it did go by fast. Even though I want a break from classes I don't have a place to go for the summer. I begged McGonagall to let me stay in my dorm but no luck.

     I still have a few weeks to figure it all out. Right now I have something else to focus on; Draco's birthday.

          "Do you want to study some later?"

       I look up and see Draco pulling up a seat beside me.

                 "I actually have plans with Daphne..."

      Draco groans and slumps down in his chair. I open my potions textbook and pull out all of my notes from the year.

         "Well at least let me use these then." He snatches the papers from my hand.

      I roll my eyes. Last class Slughorn said until exams we would be going over everything. I'm pretty confident in potions so I'm not worried. Draco does well in this class too so I'm not sure why he's acting like he actually needs to study. It's definitely just an excuse to spend time with me.

      Harry walks up to our table but quickly realizes his spot is taken. He looks down at me and frowns.

              "Are you lost, Potter?" Draco snaps.

    Harry sighs. I expect him to fight back but instead he gives me a disappointed look and sits down beside Hermione.

       "Why did you ever sit next to him in the first place?" Draco questions.

                      "Unlike you, he was nice to me."

      Draco's face gets red and I try to hide my laughs. I can tell it made him feel bad so I give him a kiss on the cheek before continuing with my reading.

       "Today I am giving you all time to go over any potions you are having trouble with." Slughorn announces to the class.

      "I think Malfoy should demonstrate the Amortentia again." Harry mutters.

               All of the students laugh. Draco shoots up from his chair.

                      "Sit down, Mr. Malfoy." Slughorn orders.

       Draco hesitates but falls into his seat. Everyone starts working on their potions but he continues to stare at the floor. I sneak up to the professor's desk and grab a bottle. Draco looks at me confused.

     I clear my throat. "Mr. Malfoy, do you think you could show me how this potion works?"

      His eyes widen in shock. I hold up the Veritaserum. Draco takes a moment but finally plays along.

      "The Veritaserum serum forces the drinker to speak the truth." He replies. "Do you want to try?"

     I give him a flirtatious look then carefully pull the top off and drink the liquid inside. Draco waits patiently for me to say something. After staring at him with big eyes I lean over and whisper in his ear.

      He chokes on his own spit and makes the rest of the class stare. I giggle to myself and begin taking notes.

                 "You are quite evil, Miss Green."