Chapter I

Song of the Chapter : Up, Up & Away by Chance Pena

Hero's POV

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find platform 9 ¾?"

The middle-aged man tilts his head in confusion. Then after a moment of silence he lets out a chuckle. "I think you mean platform 9." He exclaims. "Here, let me show you the way..."

"No," I huff. "I mean where is-"

Suddenly there is a tap on my shoulder. I quickly turn to reveal a young boy with brown hair and circle glasses.

"Looking for 9 ¾?" He asks. "Don't worry I can take you there."

I smile and let him take the lead. Every few minutes he looks back to make sure I'm still following. Normally, I would never let a complete stranger give me directions but I can tell by looking in his eyes that there isn't a bad bone in his body.

We walk for a while until finally the boy stops in front of platform 9.

"I thought you said you knew where 9 ¾ was?" I ask with aggravation in my tone.

He ignores my comment and begins walking towards the platform. I start to turn away and look for another worker but out of the corner of my eye the boy disappears through the wall.

Bloody hell.

Without a second thought I walk through.

There are people everywhere. Parents hugging their children goodbye before sending them their way. Then the realization hits me that I am doing this completely alone.

"Is this actually your first time doing this?"

I turn to my right to see the boy appear once again.

"Why else would I ask for directions?"

He rolls his eyes. "Well it's just that you seem quite old to be a first year..."

He's not wrong. When I received my letter it was mentioned that most students start younger. What wasn't mentioned though was why I had to start so late. It makes me anxious knowing I'll be behind but I also know if I work hard I'll be alright.

"Yes, I am. I'm not really sure why I have to start so late, I received my letter on my 16th birthday." I explain to the boy who still has no name.

I'm grateful that he offered to help. He seems to know his way around this place. I follow him onto the train and into one of the compartments where two other students sit, each wearing the same red uniform as him.

"Well I guess that means you don't know your house yet then." The boy states. "That's alright, you can sit with Ron, Hermione, and I."

"Thank you, I really appreciate the help." I reply. "I'm Hero by the way, Hero Green. And you are?"

"Oh! I'm Harry. Potter. Harry Potter." He blushes.

I give him a small smile and take a seat besides Hermione who is completely lost in her book.

"Do you have a house you are hoping for?" Ron asks me.

I assume he is talking about the different groups in the school. The three of them are in the same house, that's why they're wearing the same uniforms. It would be nice to get placed with them.

"I don't think so. I don't really know much about the school. No one in my family went to Hogwarts."

"Oh that's okay, we'll tell you all about it!" Harry says excitedly. "And Hermione's parents are muggles too."

I look over to Hermione who gives Harry a glare. I like her already.

"The four houses are Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. Ron, Harry, and I are in Gryffindor. Hopefully you'll join us." She says with a smile.

I begin to ask a question but an elderly lady appears in the hall. "Anything from the trolley cart, dears?"

Each of them purchase something off the cart. "Do you want anything?" Harry asks me. I politely decline. He rolls his eyes at me once again and says to the lady, "Can I get one more chocolate frog, please?"

She hands him two chocolate frogs and he throws one at me. "Is chocolate alright? If you don't like chocolate that's okay, Ron will eat it. You can keep the card inside."

"Harry if you keep yakking you're going to scare her off!" Hermione shouts.