Chapter 7

Song of the Chapter : Feel Something by Jaymes Young

Hero's POV

      Days have been passing by faster than usual. Each day after class Daphne, Pansy, and I meet up in the common room and study with the Slytherin boys. My time at Hogwarts has been really good. Growing up I never had many friends. Having a solid friend group now is nice.

      It is now the middle of October, my favorite time of the year. Class is over for the day and we were told earlier that there was going to be an announcement at dinner tonight. The girls and I take a seat at the table with the rest of the Slytherin.

            "I really hope something bad didn't happen..." Daphne says to me.

     Before I can reply Blaise speaks up, "Nothing bad happened, you twat. It's the fall dance announcement."

                                       "Fall dance?"

          "Attention everyone!" McGonagall shouts. "Thank you for joining us tonight. To start off I'd like to share the house currently with the most points."

                                 "I bet it's Gryffindor." Theodore pouts.

     Gryffindor does tend to get the most attention. It seems like they even get a reward for wiping their arse properly.

                    "The house with the most points right now is...Gryffindor!!"

    Everyone at our table boos loud enough for the rest of the room to hear.

                "Enough! I have one last thing to say before I leave you all to your dinner."

     The room quiets down and McGonagall shares her final announcement.

           "This year's annual fall dance theme has been chosen. The dance will be held in two weeks time, so ladies make sure to plan accordingly."

     I've never been to a school dance. My parents didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up so I never wanted to bother them asking for a dress. As much as I'd love to spend a night dressed up dancing with my friends I doubt I will be able to go.

                           "This year's fall dance's theme is Masquerade!"

       All of the girls start screaming and the boys groan. Daphne grabs my arm and squeezes it so tight I swear I'm going to be bruised tomorrow.

                       "Masquerade! Hero, you have to go dress shopping with me!"

         I giggle and agree to shop with her. Even if I can't go the least I can do is help the girls get ready. Especially because if either of them left wearing something horrid I'd never be able to forgive myself.

       Once I finish eating I pick up my things and start towards the exit of the great hall.

       Blaise grabs my robe and pulls me backward. "You're leaving? What about our daily study sesh?"

                      "I'm not feeling too well, would you hate me if I went to bed?"

       He sighs. "I guess not. I'll see you in charms tomorrow?"

     I nod then wave goodbye to the rest of my friends.

~~