A Movement's First Step

Rave growled as he tried to get up, making all four of them step back. Sans spoke first.

"Tori's safe with us. We'll tell ya what's happening on the way." Jessica nodded and sighed with relief, all four of them heading out the door and away from Rave quickly.

The outside was lined with guards angrily staying in place against a sea of blue bones. Gaster and Asriel peeked out of the door they went in, and as soon as Gaster saw Jessica, he walked over quickly.

"I saw that bastard go in. Did he hurt you?" "No, thanks to Papyrus and Sans here." Papyrus gave an excited wave and Sans said "Heya, G." Gaster smiled and turned to them. "Hey, you two."

Sirens wailed in the distance making them all become a little more alert. Papyrus summoned a blaster and said with a smile, "Climb on!"

Asriel and Chara got on hastily along with Gaster. Gaster helped Jessica up as they all pooled onto it, rising above the buildings and blasting away to safety.

-----------------------------

"This is our house! See, it's a little messy because we're moving in, but for the most part it's a pretty nice place!" Papyrus smiled with joy as they all piled in. Toriel looked up from a book at the table.

"Mom! Mom, aunt Jess did the coolest thing today. We drove into dad's house and everybody's backyard." Chara said it with a smile. Asriel added on quickly. "Guards and that visor man chased after us so we had to hide inside buildings." "And now we're hiding here!"

Toriel got up from the table and wrapped her arms around both of them. "I'm glad you two are safe. Thank you, Gaster and Jessica." Jessica nodded and Gaster gave a little smile.

Sans and Papyrus sat down on one of the couches, Sans immediately slouching and sighing out of tiredness. Papyrus shook him just a little, saying "We can't sleep yet! We need to make a plan!"

Sans's eyes opened a little. "Oh, yeah. Asgore can't make one for us, though..." Jessica and Gaster sat on the couch across from the two skeletons. "Do you know what happened to him?" Gaster asked it while slipping his arm around Jessica's waist.

"Not at the moment. You've got city people on your side, right, J?" Jessica pulled her phone out of her pocket and nodded. "I'll see if I can get anyone. Right now, what Rave's doing is illegal... And he's using me as an excuse to do it."

"Whatever do you mean?" Toriel seemed to take interest in them suddenly. Jessica spoke while leaning into Gaster. "He's played it off like you guys are holding me as some kind of hostage. He makes me seem like a victim, therefore putting all of you in danger."

Sans grimaced suddenly. Chara growled and slammed his fists on the table. "I'm gonna stick that gun right up his ass." "CHARA!" Toriel angrily yelled. Chara recoiled, preparing for a lecture. Toriel motioned for the rest of them to continue while she berated Chara.

"Right. I just wish I knew what'd led the sudden change of heart. He seemed just fine with monsters a couple days ago." Jessica sighed in stress and Gaster reached up to stroke her hair.

"Welp, by all means, we can fight back in a civil way." Sans added in. "You said you knew some people at the city, right? Get some allies and start up a movement." Papyrus smiled in delight. "Hey, I know! It can be the MRM! Monsters Rights Movement!"

Sans nodded as everyone seemed to approve of the idea. Jessica smiled with determination. "Sounds doable to me. You want me to work out details tonight and share them tomorrow morning?"

Everyone seemed to nod in approval. Toriel added in with a smile. "The sooner we make ourselves known, the sooner we get people to take our side. We'll be able to topple his makeshift plans."

Gaster cuddled Jessica closer with a smile, making Sans chuckle a little bit. "Right, G. Gonna be real blatant here. Can you go, like, five seconds without fondling her?"

Jessica felt a blush of embarrassment run across her face as Gaster glanced around the room. "...She deserves to be fondled. She saved my life twice." Jessica buried her face in her hands and hid her blush.

"But like, five seconds. Let's see you do five seconds." "...No." "Three?" "No!" Toriel chimed in quietly. "Oh, hush. He probably carries her around whenever he can." "And is that a problem?"

Sans and Toriel snorted in laughter. Jessica groaned and leaned into Gaster a little more, saying "This family, I swear to god..." She couldn't help but giggle as they continued to talk. "Ey, we're the ones who got you two together. We have the right to tease you."

"No, that does not." "Oooh, we'll have both of you sleep on the couch. Just like the first time." Toriel added in and Gaster held back his nod. Jessica looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Goddamnit. You've all made it inevitable now."

"You say it like it's a bad thing. You can't tell me you don't wanna cuddle up next to him because the couch is small. Soon you resort to the desperate measure of sleeping on top of him." Gaster smiled awkwardly. "I'd like that a lot." "You are NOT helping my case!"

Chara chimed in with a smile. "I'm gonna wake you guys up." "You will not." Gaster gave him a glare. Chara stuck his tongue out at Gaster and he growled, turning back to Jessica.

"Right. It's great to be back together and all, but you guys are gonna make me go crazy." Jessica said playfully. Gaster held her tighter as everyone laughed. "That's what we're meant to do, J. Gonna annoy ya 'til life's end!"

A general laugh went through the place, and for a second, it felt as if they were back at the AMD. Smiling, laughing, talking, and overall the closest they'd ever been. Despite the circumstances, they were all chipper and ready to face each day.

That's what Jessica would hold onto. Her wonderful family was something that couldn't be taken awa-

She shot Sans. Papyrus sobbed in her arms at the scene of the battle. Gaster begged her not to leave. Chara cried when she lashed out.

"Hey. You okay?" Gaster talked to her quietly under the conversation the others were having. "A-Ahm, I'm fine." Jessica looked to him with a half-smile, but he matched it with his own kind grin.

"Something's on your mind. We can talk about it tonight." His fingers ran through her hair and she took a deep breath. "Alright. Let's hope this all works out, hm?"

"Let's hope."

Papyrus interrupted with a call to action. "Let us eat a feast tonight to celebrate our formation of the great Monsters Rights Movement!" Jessica giggled and looked at him with a smug look. "And what will we have for dinner?"

"Pizza!" Everyone seemed taken aback for a second, even Gaster's jaw dropping just a little. Papyrus looked around in the silence and then said "NYEH-HEH-HEH! Fooled by the Grrrreat Papyrus, I see! We will be feasting on spaghetti, of course!"

Everyone sighed in relief as Jessica got up to follow him to the kitchen. All the while, her family felt like it was back together again, and that she could find light even though Rave had turned his back on her.

She was ready for whatever was to come, and her family would be alongside her every step of the way.

A/N: Oooooooh we gettin' there. Setup chapter for the most part, we got some parallels in there as well... Lookin' nice lookin' nice