A Rude Awakening

An alarm clock screeched its message of 6:00 A.M.

Rave shifted in his covers, extending an arm to turn it off. He groaned and buried his face back into his pillow, laying there for only a second before forcing himself up and out of bed.

He grabbed his phone from off the nightstand and scrolled through his texts, stopping at a list of things Jessica had sent him. He stretched and walked out of the room, reading them out loud.

"One. Send people to clear out the AMD and make sure all harmful technology is destroyed. All substances will be carried out by a guy with orange-streaked hair." He walked into the kitchen, grabbing a granola bar from a cupboard.

"Two. Clear up the biggest ruin of the city where the big fight happened." He unplugged his visor from a counter's charger, fitting it onto his face. "And three. Come over for some dinner."

He smiled at the last one, reading onto the last few sentences. "I know you can't cook. I'm making extra so you can take it home. Don't live off take-out!" He put his phone in his pocket and grinned.

He walked towards the bathroom, brushing his hair back neatly. He went into the bedroom and got changed, then walked towards the front door. He took a deep breath before reaching for the doorknob.

"You'll do great, buddy." Noah's voice echoed in his head, making him grin wide. He turned the doorknob and walked out to the car, climbing in and putting on a headset. He spoke into it as he backed out of his driveway.

"Good morning everyone. Can we get a roll call for each of our seven squads?" The headset crackled with people chattering. Rave nodded as he drove towards the former scene of the battle. "Alright. Squads three, four, six, and seven will have to head over to the AMD, with one, two, and five at the rubble with me."

He pulled up to the shattered road, stopping as he saw it. He got out of his car and scanned the broken buildings and road. Dust still lingered in the rubble's wake.

The place had an eerie feeling to it, making Rave shiver. Flashbacks of Gaster nearly killing Jessica flooded his mind, making him sigh. "Hurry up, please."

A familiar voice laughed from the headset. "Really don't like being alone, don't you, sir?" He grimaced and smiled as the face of the girl with the green highlights matched to the voice. "Just brings back some memories."

Something fell down from a building. Rave jolted and stepped back, muting his headset. "Hey, this is restricted property. Whoever's there will make themselves known until we force you out."

An object zipped through an alley out of the corner of his eye and he pulled out his gun. "Come out or I'll be forced to detain you." A shadow slunk away and out of his sight, making his immediate instinct to follow it, but he stopped himself.

"You won't like what's gonna happen if you keep lurking around in the alleys like that." He loaded the gun and walked towards it slowly.

Arriving at the corner of the alley, he took a deep breath and whirled around to shoot. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it, and he backtracked as fast as he could.

He wasn't fast enough. An agonized scream rang through the alley, silenced only a moment after.

-----------------------------

"Aren't we picking up Chara from school today?" Jessica asked Gaster as she sprayed all the kitchen counters and wiped them with a rag. Gaster stopped reading and looked up. "Ahm, I think so. He doesn't get out until 2:30, so we have about 15 minutes."

Jessica nodded. "I remember Toriel telling me I had to pick him and his brother up because she had to stay at the school to do work. Do we have to watch them?" Gaster picked up his phone and scrolled through his texts. "She'd like us to watch them until they finish their homework."

Jessica smiled and finished wiping the counters. "Ah, what a treat. Chara's gonna be all over you. I heard he's gotten into training his magic against his dad." Gaster stood up and put his book on a shelf beside the table. "I'll obliterate him."

Jessica raised her eyebrows as she put the cleaner away. "I'm not so sure about that. Asgore says he gets real competitive and takes desperate measures to win the fight." "Such as...?"

"He's scratched and attempted to bite." Gaster cringed. "You think I'm gonna fight the determined equivalent of a rabid dog?"

Jessica snorted in laughter, sitting next to Gaster at the table. "If you humor him, then he won't go rabid. But of course..." She got up from her seat right as Gaster was about to hug her. "...You monsters hate losing."

She laughed as she walked away to the couch, but Gaster got up and followed her with a smile. As she sat down, Gaster leapt on top of her making her giggle. "Oh, goodness, mister competitive. Calm down, would you?" "I'm as calm as I'll ever be." He pressed his lips against hers firmly, making her laugh again.

"Look at you, denying you've lost." He kissed her deeper, making her sigh in happiness. The kiss broke and she spoke a little softer. "Now it seems like you're just trying to make me stop talking." Gaster smirked. "What a bold guess. It hurts me to say you're correct."

"Mmm. Well, I'll just have to keep on talking until you lay off." "Oh, fine then. I'll let you talk." He buried his face in her neck shortly after making her jolt and giggle. "N-No-! This isn't what I meant-!" "Go on and talk, Jessica!"

He kissed her neck with quick, smiling kisses. She squirmed around frantically and laughed. "H-How am I supposed to- to talk like this?!" Gaster pulled away for just a second. "It doesn't seem too hard. You just did it."

"And I'm gonna do it again without you pestering me, goddamnit!" She raised her arms to push his face away before he could kiss her again. He looked at her with a smug expression. "Jessica, I'm gonna warn you right now to stop pushing me away."

"No. I wanna talk." "Then talk. You're gonna regret it." Jessica pushed his face away just a little more, smirking as she did. "Now I don't know what to talk about." "Let's talk about what I'm gonna do to that pretty little neck of yours once you let go."

"Oh, so cocky. I'll hold you here until we have to pick up Chara." "You wouldn't dare." "I would most certainly dare. I will hold you here for..." She looked to a clock on the wall. "I will hold you here for five minutes."

"You won't. You are not permitted to." "I think I am." "I can tell you otherwise. I will knock your arms away and not hold back." "Oh, how scary. You scare me. I'm scared. See my scared face?" She smiled smugly as Gaster slimmed his eyes.

A phone rang from the counter. Gaster smiled wide. "I believe that's yours."

Jessica raised her eyebrows. "You're the guy with floating hands. Be a dear and get it for me." Gaster laughed a little, bringing the phone over to her with a smile. He held it between both of them.

"Well, go on. Pick it up." Jessica looked to both her hands and shifted one to spread across his whole face, freeing up the other one. She answered the phone and put it to her ear.

"Aunt Jess! So, I kinda have to remind you you're picking me up soon, and that I'm on my mom's phone, and-" The voice cut off for a second, then came back. "Also, Asriel says hi."

Jessica giggled and spoke. "Yeah, we'll be there in a few. Tell Asriel I said hi as well." She overheard Chara's voice yelling. "She says that I'm the favorite nephew!" She could hear the phone crackle and yells utter from the speaker, then Asriel's frightened voice speaking.

"Chara's lying, right? You don't have a favorite nephew, right?!" Jessica was about to speak, but was cut off. "T-Tell me in the car! Chara's chasing after me and mom is yelling at me to give her phone back!"

The line disconnected and the phone went back to the homescreen, where the clock read 2:25. Jessica clicked her tongue and showed Gaster.

"Looks like we'll have to head there now."

A/N: Sorry squid. That's all I'll say. Sorry for this. Sorry for what's to come. It's weeby's fault. All her fault. I promise.