Shattered Goodwill

Papyrus cried out in pain, kneeling to the ground. Gaster crashed down onto the roof in front of them, seven hands surrounding two giant ones. A blaster loomed above his head, and his face had a twisted smile plastered onto it.

Jessica got to her feet quickly, holding Papyrus tight. He panted heavily as he held his chest, trying to ease the rapid decrease of magic in his soul.

Sans was second to come over, his face turning to fear. "Kid! Go get Tori, Undyne, and Asgore!" Chara nodded and ran off into the distance, his sword and shield gleaming in the night.

Betty got up to her feet, laughing with malevolence. "How sweet of him. He's prepared his special little attack just for you!"

Betty laughed and backed away, simply watching from another roof. Asriel sat next to her, watching Chara as he leapt from roof to roof. A glint of the locket on his neck caught Asriel's eye.

Without Betty noticing, he followed his brother away and into the safe perimeter with his sword out and ready. His paws crackled with rainbow electricity as he ran.

Gaster glanced as Asriel for a second before turning back to the group before him.

Jessica looked into the purple eyes, seeing pink flashing between the purple as well. All nine of the blasters powered up to obliterate them and Jessica stood up, holding her swords in front of her and preparing to make them spin-

-But Sans teleported in front of her, stabbing bones through all the hands and combatting the one Gaster Blaster with his own.

"J, I need you to comfort him." Jessica nodded and held Papyrus a little tighter, but then asked, "Are you going to hurt Gaster?"

Sans grimaced. "I'll hurt him just as much as he hurts Papyrus." Jessica looked to Papyrus's pained expression and sighed. She looked to Sans with hope. "Jessica, I'm done. Once he's hurt the one person important to me..."

Chills crawled down Jessica's spine from him calling her by her full name. "...He's getting sent to hell." He rushed forward and towards Gaster. "WAIT-!" Jessica yelled and reached for him, but then recoiled to hold Papyrus.

Blue bones came up from the ground and held Gaster in place. Blasters circled around him and seemed to blast no more than a second after appearing. They finished as Gaster retracted a green shield from his two giant hands.

Sans teleported into the air, descending down fast with bones rushing towards Gaster. Five hands rushed towards him, glowing purple as spikes greeted his landing on the ground.

"Ah, Sans. You do know you can't stop it, right?" Sans growled and powered up his blasters, making Gaster put up another shield.

"You do know you can't stop his magic from draining unless you kill me. Surely you're aware of that!" Sans's voice was the same tone it always was, but seemed to give off more depth. "I'd choose him over you any day."

"Oh, sure you would." The hate constricted around Gaster a little tighter. Sans widened his eyes in realization as multicolored light reflected against him. "Here's the real question. Would they choose you over me?"

Ropes wrapped around him as orange bombs swooped into his area. He quickly made some bones spiral around him to cut the ropes before summoning a Gaster Blaster in front of him. He moved his arm back, making the blaster rush towards him.

He ducked before it could hit him and grabbed onto the bottom edge of its jaw, making it pull him along with it. The bombs went off and filled the area with smoke, but yellow light rushed towards him in the smoke.

His eye flashed gold and his hand was coated in blue as he clenched his fist, making the yellow bullets turn blue. He huffed out of tiredness and flung them away into the sky as the smoke cleared.

Gaster walked towards him with a smile as he always did. Sans smiled a little wider, breathing heavily. "D... Doesn't this remind you of something?" "Reminds me of the time you fought me for wanting to come back from the void." Gaster's smile faded.

"Ha, yeah... You remember what I said...?" "I have no need-" "-Destroying everything in your path is not the right way, G." Gaster's eyes went wide. Sans continued on.

"I-I realize that destroying everything in my path isn't the right way, either. It wouldn't be what my brother would do." His breathing steadied as Gaster's hand trembled. "If it's not what he would want, then who am I doing it for, y'know? Why do things that would hurt your loved ones to see?"

Hate wrapped tighter around Gaster and grew larger, but he had no reaction to it. "I know that stuff's gotcha good. We can't fight it, but we can help you fight it. Me, J, Paps, Chara, Asgore, Tori, Undyne. We're all for ya."

"Y-You're not here for me. You- You don't know what the hell you're saying." Through the hate that dripped out of Gaster's eyes, tears fell as well. "Look at them, G." Sans pointed to Jessica and Papyrus, whose eyes stayed locked on both of them.

"They're hurting inside too. They want you here so much. The day we arrived back from the arena I heard Jess crying in her sleep because she cared for you." "SHUT UP! STOP TELLING ME THESE GODDAMNED LIES!" Sans continued on with more confidence as Gaster's hands glowed softer.

"When we were at the safe perimeter, I saw Chara sniffling a little. When I asked him what was wrong... He asked me if I'd think we'd see Uncle Gaster again. He cares for you." "NO! NONE OF YOU CARE FOR ME, AND I DON'T CARE FOR ANY OF YOU!"

"When I woke up, Papyrus was there to help me adjust. We knew you needed help, and so we rode to the safe perimeter without a second thought. We did that because we care."

Gaster sunk to the ground holding his head, purple draining from his eyes. "Just stop- Stop it-! You're only making it worse- And I just don't want it to hurt..." Sans walked over to Gaster quickly, giving him a hug. The hate sapped from his body as Sans held him tight.

"Come back, G. Come back. If you fight the pain, it'll be worth it at the end." Gaster hugged Sans back, tears streaming down his face. Sans glanced at Jessica, who had tears of joy streaming down her face with a wide smile. She nodded as Papyrus gave him a tired smile.

A foot kicked Sans to the ground and roared. "I WON'T BE RUNNING AWAY THIS TIME! NOT BECAUSE OF THIS IDIOT, YOU, OR EVEN ME!"

A pink dome swirled around Gaster and Betty, locking both of them inside. Sans slammed his fists against the walls of the dome frantically, but to no avail. Colors flashed inside of it.

Jessica gasped as it happened. "SANS, STAY BACK!" She held out her arm for him to come over and he came over quickly, watching the dome as a pink glow overcame all the other colors.

The place went completely silent. The pink glow remained as they heard an amalgamated laugh.

Both Jessica and Sans summoned their weapons, preparing for whatever was going to come next.

A/N: This chapter was really a gateway for what happens next... And it's gonna be spicy...

I'll get on it tonight as well. Good luck figuring out what happens next, huhuhuhu~