Point Of No Return

Betty smiled as the soul glowed in her claws once again. "I presume this time I'll be able to take them out. Be prepared to reclaim him if anything goes wrong, and try to do it in front of them."

Asriel nodded and took the soul from her, grasping it gently. "Good. Check the safe perimeter and be on the lookout for determination and integrity. I'll come later."

Asriel walked away with the soul, but then dropped it with a pained yelp. A tiny bit of the hate had pricked into his finger and he quickly shook it off. A form started to whirl around it and Betty looked at it with annoyance.

"God, I forgot about that. I suppose it's fine for him to come along with you, just make sure he's quiet and he doesn't see his pet happy." Asriel nodded as the form finished, revealing Gaster with the same pink eyes of malice.

"You're going to go capture Jessica and Chara. Be quiet and don't-" "She's alive?" The pink in his eyes faded a bit, but then the sound of hate shifting made him kneel and hold his chest. The cuts in his sweater and coat filled up with hate and eased his pain just a little.

"She's not going to be alive for long because YOU'LL kill her. Understood?" Gaster got up and turned away from her hastily. "Yes."

He followed Asriel towards the green light of the Avalon, but Betty stared at him as he walked. A glint of teardrops from Gaster reflected the distant green light.

-----------------------------

Jessica slipped behind a wall and peeked out to see guards powering the Avalon. Quickly, she motioned for everyone else to run over from the tent to behind the wall with her.

Papyrus went first, gleefully sprinting next to her and grasping her hand. Sans dragged his feet across the dirt while Chara ran. They all huddled together.

"What's the plan, Aunt Jess?" Jessica smiled and smirked. "I have a perfect one." She stepped around the wall and into the guards' sight, puffed up her chest, and-

"Can we go out of the Avalon, please?" The guards looked to her in confusion. "Sorry Miss Grey. We were given specific instructions to keep you and a red-eyed boy in the safe perimeter." Jessica smiled with a little bit of annoyance in her voice.

"Yeah. Okay. Here's the deal. Rave probably said that, and I know he's about to take over this city after this whole dilemma, but we forgot a very important thing back at the AMD."

One of the guards crossed their arms. "Whatever would this important thing be?" They heard a sniff and a sob from behind the wall, and Chara came waddling out from behind it.

"M-My teddy bear..." He put on his saddest look and had unraveled his sweater's sleeves to cover his hands. He made his lip quiver as he shuffled his feet over to Jessica, leaning against her. He looked up at Jessica with his puppy eyes.

Jessica turned to the guards and spoke softly, with sorrow. "His teddy bear. He can't sleep without it. What kind of person would I be if I couldn't get it back for him?" The guards looked around in guilt, until one of them awkwardly kneeled down and patted Chara on the shoulder.

He continued to sob, wiping his crocodile tears. "M-Miss Grey... Can my skeleton friends come too? T-They'll protect me in the scary night." Jessica gave him a sympathetic look. "Oh, honey, that's up to the nice guard here. They both turned to stare into his eyes at the same time and he reeled back.

"U-Uhm! Of course, of course they can! Yes!" He spoke into his headset. "I need an exit port on the west side." Jessica made a motion for Sans and Papyrus to come over, and they slipped from behind the wall over to them.

The exit opened. A different guard waved to Chara and beamed. "Good luck finding your teddy!" All the guards added in with smiles. "Yeah!" "Give him a hug for me!" "Good luck!"