Safety at Last

Sans helped Gaster to his feet shortly after Betty's disappearance. "Heya." Gaster looked stunned as he got up, but smiled wide soon enough. "Hey, Sans. Glad you're back."

Papyrus cheered. "Yay! We're all back together again! And look, the Dreemurrs are with us too! Even Miss-"

Jessica came warily around the corner, inspecting the hole in the wall as she stepped out. Sans caught sight of her and gasped, activating a Gaster Blaster as quick as he could.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah!" Papyrus said. "She's with us now, right Gaster?"

Gaster paused before speaking, but managed to mutter a "Yes." Jessica looked to the ground, avoiding all eye contact. Sans made the Gaster Blaster disappear.

"Oh, well then."

He walked over and held his hand out for her to shake. "Don't believe we've been introduced... At least, not properly."

Jessica looked at his hand in surprise for a second, then shook it with a small smile. She glanced at Gaster who looked just a tiny bit enraged.

Sans gave out an awkward half-laugh. "We're all good. Any friend of Papyrus is a friend of mine." Jessica returned the awkward laugh, looking down to the ground. "Just uh, don't shoot me, kay?" "Oh, yeah. Uhm, I'm really sorry about that, Sans. That was extremely wrong of me."

"It's cool."

Another awkward silence haunted the place.

Chara broke it quickly, seeing as almost everyone was extremely uncomfortable. "We should probably rest at the house while we can. It's nearly dark." He looked to the sky and so did everyone else.

"Uh, about that." Sans chuckled a bit. "The house is gone."

Jessica looked at Sans with utter confusion this time, along with Chara looking annoyed. "Mom and dad are gonna kill you."

Papyrus chimed in with glee. "But it's okay! We can probably find a new house!"

"That has 7 rooms..."

"And a kitchen..."

"And a big living room..."

Papyrus trailed off, but then his gleeful tone returned. "It can't be that hard, right?"

"Uhm, if it's okay with all of you, the AMD building is pretty safe. Some of the rooms can be turned into bedrooms if a place to sleep is all we need."

Everyone stayed silent, looking around for others' approval. Gaster was the first to speak. "Sounds like a good plan. Could you drive us there?"

Jessica reeled back, her eyes darting around nervously. "Uhm, sure! Yes! I can!" Gaster looked at her with confusion, but moved on quickly to the next subject.

"Alright then. Mister Dreemurr can direct us from there."

Jessica looked to the ground, debating whether or not she should tell him. "Ah, he may have to stay here for a while to heal. The battle left him in a pretty bad condition."

Gaster sighed in annoyance. "Figure it out, then. I'm not in any position to tell you what to do." He walked off, giving Jessica no more then a split-second glare.

At least he's not gonna be bossy.

-----------------------------

"Alright. Is everybody in here?"

Chara nodded sadly, looking to the metal floor of the van. On top of Asriel being gone, now mom and dad were away too.

Sans gave a thumbs up and Papyrus responded with a cheerful "Yep!" Gaster didn't respond, his arms crossed as he sat.