Chance

Taste my Pain
Chapter 40

"One member from each team will fight it out against three-hundred monsters inside this building. They will randomly be given numbers and in order, shall walk inside of this mansion according to their given number." Mato announced as the audience began to question the chances of being able to defeat such many monsters. "The monsters will start off weak but they will slowly strengthen up to S-Class levels. If a person is unable to defeat their monsters, then they'll be eliminated from the game, but that doesn't mean that it's over! After Chance, it will be a test of strength!" Mato continued where slowly the ground began to rumble.

Everyone within the room watching, they all began to look at each other and questioned within their minds who would be willing to challenge their strength against the monsters. "I'll go," Lucy abruptly announced as she pushed herself off the wall to walk out.

Cana watching the blonde walk off first, she grinned before following. "I want to do it too!" she called out as she called dibs into representing Team Fairy Tail B. Her grin turning into a smirk, she quickly followed Lucy.
"Best of luck, Lucy," Cana cheered as she punched the air in excitement.

Lucy nodding without turning her head to look at the brown-haired wizard, she wished Cana the same in return within her mind where they both exited the hallway to find themselves meeting eyes with the other contestants that stood before them. Smirking, Lucy walked up, brushing past the brunette. "You too," she whispered, this time out loud where Cana chuckled.

Jura seeing her walk towards where everyone was gathering, he greeted her. "Back to Fairy Tail, I see?" he observed with a smile. "It's complicated," Lucy told him where Hibiki walked up to her. "Sabertooth kicked you out, right? Seriously, I hate the fact that I'm going against you," he stated honestly where she chuckled.
Shrugging her shoulders, she began to line up with the others. "Well, too bad," she mocked where Hibiki didn't like her baby-tone that being used. "I won't let you win," he replied where she hummed in amusement in return.

The participants for Chance were Lucy Heartfilia, Cana Alberona, Millianna, Hibiki Lates, Orga Nanagear, Nobarly and Jura Neekis.

The ground shaking again, slowly, ever so slowly, a large mansion began to emerge from the ground where everyone awed its exterior structure. Pillars built up high where it supported its exterior structure, the pale grey building stood there proud in front of our seven participants who estimated its selling value. It had a unique exterior but the more they look at it, the more daunting it appeared as the grey concrete bricks made it look more like a haunted castle now.

As they gazed upon the building, seven cards came spinning in front of each player who each grabbed it. Each of them turning their cards, they read their given position to themselves.

"So, what numbers did you guys get?" Lucy questioned as she turned to look at the others who were still looking at their cards.

"I'm going sixth."

"Number five – fifth in line."

"Third..."

"Fourth in line..."

"I'm going second."

Everyone froze for a moment as the lacrima screens began to pop out, revealing their positions to the audience. "So, you're first?!" they then all cried out in unison where Orga scoffed to their bewilderment. "I doubt that you'll be able to pass the first round," he mocked whereas Jura defended the blonde who was fuming. "He said that they're starting off weak. There's no doubt that Lucy shall lose against such," he rebutted.

"Our first fighter is Lucy Heartfilia from Team Fairy Tail A! Will she be lucky?!" Mato cheered as the doors slowly opened to reveal nothing but darkness.