Lisanna vs. Lucy

Taste my Pain
Chapter 26

After the victory of Team Fairy Tail A, and one last battle which Yukino Agria, one of Team Sabertooth's members, had lost in a one-and-one battle with Kagura Mikazuchi from Mermaid Heel, everyone went home after the heated first day of the Grand Magic Games and it was now night time. The moon high in the dark sky, everyone in Crocus was safely tucked in bed as night dawned upon them.

Well... Not almost everyone was in bed.

Lucy was obviously still awake in her bed because of that certain person. She was looking up at the pitch-dark ceiling where she could feel his presence somewhere nearby, but she refused to go out to seek more answers.
Her body still as she listened to the quiet intakes of air that everyone within the room was taking as they slept, she twitched when she heard a sudden sniffle where she glanced away from the ceiling and around the room.

Pulling herself up, she looked around the room once more before she turned over to Wendy's bed where she saw the young teen sitting on top with tears on her face. Frowning at the fact that Wendy's crying, she slipped out of her bed to walk over to Wendy in worry.

Her hand on Wendy's shoulder, she sat next to the girl. "Are you alright Wendy?"

Wendy looked up and wiped away her tears, forcing herself to smile over at the worried blonde sitting beside her. "Y-Yes... Just a little homesick but don't worry, I'll get over it soon," she whispered as she shuffled over a bit where Lucy raised a brow.

She wasn't eating that lie. Not one bit. "Do you want to talk to me about it without anyone listening in?" she questioned where the child sucked in a breath and shyly looked down to her hands. With a slow nod coming from Wendy, she smiled.

Chuckling softly so she wouldn't wake up the others that were still asleep, Lucy looked over her shoulder and held out her arm to face the back. "Open: Gateway to the Dragon World..." she whispered as Wendy widened her eyes to hear that they're going to the Dragon World.

A portal opening, Lucy gently pulled Wendy towards the portal where they began to walk through it. Reaching over to the other side, Wendy found herself standing near a large lake that was crystal clear to see what was in it. "Wow..." she whispered in bewilderment as she watched the marine plants flow against the soft current made by the wind.

The blonde smiling, she called Wendy over to sit beside her as the moon continued to glisten with its presence watching over the night. As they sat there in silence, Lucy glanced over to Wendy who was still amazed by the beauty of the Dragon World before she saw how the eyes of admiration slowly dropped to sadness where she hugged her knees.

"Now, what's wrong Wendy?" she questioned.

The dark-blue haired girl looked down to her knees and sighed before feeling her tears well up in her eyes. "It's because of me... If I didn't lose the game -" she whispered before her breathing hitched.

Refusing to look at the blonde next to her, she tried her best not to cry again.

As Wendy refused to look at Lucy, the blonde smiled softly as she lifted her head back to smile at the moon above. "You know... Crying about this won't make up with the past and you know that we're all proud of you for volunteering," she said in a soft and calming voice.

Wendy snapped her head over to Lucy. "We would've gotten an advantage," she stated before Lucy shook her head. Pushing herself forward, Lucy motioned for Wendy to be quiet as she then pointed over to the trees. Wendy tipping her head to the side, she followed Lucy's finger to meet two pairs of glowing yellow eyes watching them.