Her Story

Taste my Pain
Chapter 74

The guild continued to party as Lucy and Sakura sat on top of the rooftops of the guild. Watching Takuto create small moving animals where the child giggled and chased them around, Lucy smiled while Sakura sat there in silence with her legs up to her chest. "Care to tell me everything?" Lucy questioned.
Sakura forcing herself to smile as if nothing strange was going through her mind, she waved it off. "Why won't you tell me more about yourself, Lucy-san?" she asked where the blonde raised a brow to her desperate need on changing the topic.

Sighing, she shook her head before running a hand through her hair. "Am I that unreliable? Come on Sakura, we're family," she said where she heard Sakura shuffle around in her spot which made her for certain that she was going through some inner conflict and still hasn't freed herself from it. So, in comfort, she pulled the crimson's head to her shoulder where Sakura's tears began to show itself. "God, I hate my weakness," she whispered where the child below squealed in glee as her partner, Florai, threw her gently up into the air where Takuto caught her.

Lucy nodding, she remained silent as her heart began to constrict itself in pain which made her understand the pain that the girl was currently going through. Listening to her explanation made her think back to her past. Her past which happened to make her even stronger than she was before.

There was nothing wrong with having a bad past. It's natural to go through some horrible things which could traumatize the mind and heart.

"That little girl below that we're both so fond of, is a little child that's living on the edge of town currently. In our world, she's only a ten-year child with no family to care for her, well other than her brother who's currently training to be able to protect himself and herself included. But being protected far away from her brother, she lives in isolation which pained Takuto and I when we happened to find her trying to run away from her home..." Sakura explained. "Her name is Emiko, an adorable child isn't she? We've been raising her like parents two years ago. We were merely teenagers who couldn't stop ourselves from loving the girl," she whispered.

The blonde humming, she realized that Sakura wasn't explaining what she had wanted to know. Looking down at her, she heard her chuckle. "I know, I know. I'm avoiding the topic, aren't I?" Sakura said where she nodded to her question. Watching her sit up, she questioned herself why it was so hard to open to her about her past. But hearing her story she knew why.

Tears building up as she watched Sakura pull out a picture of a child with long crimson hair hugging a dragon which looked like Cherita but different in a form. They both looked so happy together, but the child who's in the picture wasn't the same right now in the present. Frowning, she looked up to crimson that was silently crying.
The girl's tears falling silently where her weak and defeated voice was so audible which made the Water God Slayer look up with a visible frown on his face. "My mother was killed by Lucia where I fell into blood lust and went hunting for the Little Red guild. I destroyed and murdered them," Sakura confessed where Lucy widened her eyes. "So, it's true that you've killed?" she asked where Sakura sighed and gently pulled her hair with both hands.

Just hearing the truth was just so sudden. Like, she did remember the conversation between Takuto and Lilith before, but she wasn't expecting the true reason was due to blood lust.

"What about the children?" she quietly questioned where Sakura's eyes began to glow red. A sign that she was thirsting for a deathly fight against someone. Hearing her sigh again, Lucy lowered her guard once she saw Takuto whispering to the crimson to remain calm.
Sakura following his advice, she noticed the shift in the atmosphere where she looked at Sakura who was emotionless and quiet.

"I killed for them and for their future to not get messy, that's what made me go into that state in the first place. Honestly, what were they thinking while they captured young dragons to benefit themselves? Ever since then, Takuto took over the job to hunt down those bastards where I locked myself up for a while before realising my position as an Elemental Dragon Slayer," she answered before looking down to Takuto where she called out to him, telling him to bring Emiko back home.

Lucy now hearing the backstory of the crimson, she smiled. "Thank you for telling me," she thanked before Sakura looked at her in confusion. "Aren't you going to banish me?" Sakura asked where the blonde shook her head. "That'll be unnecessary. You learnt your faults, haven't you?"

The girl widened her eyes. She then chuckled in amusement which made Lucy tip her head to the side in confusion as she watched her tuck away the picture into her kimono sleeve. Sakura shaking her head, she looked up to the night sky and sighed. "I learnt them of course, but I cannot control them once it relates to my loved ones," she whispered.

Lucy smiled as she closed her eyes and allowed the cool breeze to kiss her flushed skin. "I won't ask Cherita and Starisha about sealing your blood lust but let us help you when you go out of control," she said, making the crimson snap her head down to look at her in puzzlement. "You're putting yourself at risk -" she said where the blonde simply smiled. "Wouldn't you do the same for me?" Lucy questioned.

Sakura dropped her eyes to look down to Natsu's figure who was looking for a certain blonde. Sighing, the corners of her lips began to lift where she looked back to Lucy with a comforting smile. "Thank you, for everything."

"You're welcome. We're family, aren't we?"

Chuckling, the crimson stood up and gave out a long stretch. "It'll be an honour to serve you as your dragon," she humbly said, bowing her head where Lucy widened her eyes. "D-Dragon?" Lucy sputtered out, catching Natsu's attention where he looked up to see Lucy's bewildered facial expression.
The boy raising a brow, he strained his ears to catch Sakura's reply to Lucy's question. "I died but was brought back to life by Cherita who had the same magic as me. I'm now a dragon who'll be here for you guys forever," she said. His eyes widening in shock, he yelled out in bafflement. "You're a dragon now?" he cried out, pointing to the teen who looked down at him with a smirk.

"That'll mean more training for you, Prince Natsu," she mocked which made his face pale.

[Dreame 2019 Edition]
[https://discord.gg/CrPjmGR]