The Exposed Truth

Taste my Pain
Chapter 59

The eerie silence of the guild making our favourite blonde shift from side to side, she sighed before looking down to Master Makarov and Mavis who was standing in front of the entire guild. Opening her mouth to take in a deep inhale, she forced herself to remain calm. "As most of you guys know, I'm not the same old Lucy Heartfilia," she started off, turning her gaze over to Levy whose eyes began to water. Forcing her to smile over to her best friend below, her head turned to look over to Team Natsu who was looking at her in confusion.

Natsu's face taking most of her attention, she could see his face twisting into a range of emotions which showed her that he wasn't really processing what was going on right in front of him. Sighing, she slowly looked away from him. "When you all turned your backs on me, the entire thing being a total misunderstanding from both parties, I was devastated. I truly believed in everything you all told me..." she whispered as she looked down to her clammy hands.

Everyone slowly tensing up, a few of the members dropped their gazes away from her to look down to the floor in shame. Some of them shuffling around, the guild remained to focus their every attention to her as they regretted everything that had happened to their dear comrade.

Sighing once again, Lucy shook her head. "I was stupid to listen to all of your doubts about me, but I was relieved to know the truth from you all. Thanks to the unintentional bullying within the guild, I was able to meet my true family..." she said before looking up and glancing over to her dragons.

"Lucy-sama..." Grandeeney whispered, feeling the tears well up in her eyes. The dragons in their human forms getting slightly emotional, the princess continued. "Honestly, what you all told me was heartbreaking, but the dragons pulled me through. They halted their traditions of raising lost children to pick me up and raised me to be who I am today –" She closed her eyes where a bright glow appeared on top of her head. A small spark exploding brightly, a tiara was spotted sitting on the crown of her head.

And hearing the unison gasps of her fellow members, she slowly opened her eyes to also reveal her Royal Eye that was activated to her command. "I am now Lucy Heartfilia, the Princess of the Dragons... This was the secret to my relationship with the dragons."

The blonde smiling, the dragons all dipped their heads to Lucy in respect as the tiara proved her royalty to the Dragon World. Everyone else all widening their eyes to the sudden truth, a few also dipped their heads in respect to Lucy where the blonde took a slow step back in surprise. "Raise your heads, I'm merely here to tell you all the truth," Lucy whispered where they hesitated, following her words as she painfully smiled.

Slowly turning to Cherita, she curtly nodded in signal to the dragon who nodded in return. A portal opening, Lucy accepted the crystal from Cherita and held it out to the audience.

"This is Zeref. He shall forever be banished from the Dragon World... He thought that he was sneaky enough to enter our world, but unfortunately for him, we dragons and slayers are very territorial with our territories. So, where did he try a step into? Our homes..." Lucy recited before throwing the crystal fiercely through the portal.

Scowling, she cracked the joints of her wrists and sighed. "He shall never be found, deep in the trenches of the oceans. The pressure shall weigh him down, and by my words, he shall never leave that dark place, " she finished where the portal closed up, leaving the guild lost for words.

"I know that it's hard to –" She was interrupted by the girl nearby her. "You're royalty Lucy-chan?" Lucy and the dragons looking over to Levy, they all smiled. "Yeah, my family has been running the Dragon World for countless of years..." she answered before she took a step to the side where another portal opened.