It's Finally Over

Taste my Pain
Chapter 58

Natsu dropping to his knees to place the blonde's head onto his lap, he caressed her cheek and sighed. His lips pulling back into a soft smile, he questioned to himself about his feelings. "You're such an idiot Luce," he exhaled before tensing up his body as Acnologia gave out another roar of defiance.
Igneel tackling the black dragon down again, Weisslogia and Skiadrum came running over to the red dragon and helped him pin Acnologia down. Cherita walking over to them with her held up high, she pressed her claws firmly onto the dragon's exposed stomach. "Our world would've been in peace if you didn't defy the Queen..." she snarled, sinking her claws through his tough skin. Lowering her head to his neck, she smirked. "Our princess shall live a long life. Long live the Heartfilia Royalty –" she whispered before snapping her jaws down to Acnologia's neck where he flailed around.

Cherita holding into his neck tightly, she clamped it down even harder before ripping his flesh to spit it away. "Not so powerful without him, are you?" she taunted before pulling back. Igneel then let go of Acnologia's limp body before using his head to signal the other two male dragons. "Throw his body into one of the volcanoes. We need no proper burial for him. Call the Water mage to harden the volcano as well."

The two dragons nodding, they lowered their heads down to bit onto Acnologia's wings, dragging into the nearest volcano where Skiadrum let go of his hold. Watching Weisslogia swing his limp body over with difficulty, Skiadrum kicked the flying body into the bubbling soup.

"Can the Water wizard harden the magma?!"

Juvia looking over to Weisslogia she nodded her head and quickly ran over. "Water Beam!" she cried out, throwing the water into the hole of the volcano where the water made contact to the boiling magma. Everyone listening to the hissing of the magma, they gave out a relieving sigh.

"Well, that was a long one..." Gray sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. Erza nodding, she dropped to the floor. "But we really couldn't do anything without Lucy's help," she stated.

Wendy looking back and forth between the two, she was about to say something until a hand was placed on her shoulder. Turning, she looked up at Grandeeney's human form in question. "It's been a long fight..." Grandeeney stated before looking up at the others who were looking at her back. "We should all head back home now. Everyone fought well, and we're all tired," she suggested before gently tugging Wendy to follow her.

"But what about Daarei?" Igneel questioned as he looked over to the dragon on the ground, trying to breathe. Grandeeney sighed and shook her head. "We have no choice but to bring her back home. She did promise the princess..." she answered as they watched Skiadrum walk over to her. "Transform into your human form," he instructed as he gently nudged her.

Daarei groaning as she weakly opened her eyes. She quietly nodded before closing her eyes where a warm purple light engulfing her body, she transformed into a black-haired woman with glowing tanned skin.

"So, this is how she looks like in her human form... It been way too long since we've seen her," Skiadrum whispered as he picked her up using his tail to place her on his back.

Natsu looking up to the others who were watching him worriedly, he forced himself to smile at them in return. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he questioned. "Don't try to force yourself to smile. We all know how worried you are for her," they stated where he widened his eyes.
Dropping his smile, he awkwardly chuckled before looking down to Lucy who was sleeping on his lap. "Of course, I am. I mean, who wouldn't for their best friend?" he asked, trying to avoid the main upcoming topic.

"Do you really think that we're that stupid?" Gray mocked. Cherita sighing, she transformed into her human form and walked over to him, leaning down as she placed her hands on her lap. "Do you now see why we're overprotective about her?"