2: Spin The Bottle

Start from the beginning

"My man! Would you like to do the honors today?" He passed a knife to his friend who took it gladly.

The buff man grabbed the bottle between his fingers and gave it a spin. Selene's heart ached a little realising that this was how she was going to die.

She always thought that she'd die in a fight or would rot in jail but never in a million dreams she thought that she'd be dying in a sick game between two serial killers. And that too in a fucking spin the bottle.

As the bottle slowed down, her heartbeat raced up. Just when the spin was about to come to a halt, a long hand stopped it.

She trailed the hand up to see that the slim man had stopped it. He looked at her through the corner of his eyes and turned to his friend.

"What's wrong?" The man with the dirty blonde waves pouted.

"I think we should get another method of picking victims, spin the bottle seems rude," The dark haired man stated. 

It was the first time she heard him talk. His voice was smooth as velvet with a low hushed tone yet clear as a day. It surprised her how a man with such a great exterior could have a filthy mind.

"True. After all, they are our guests today. We should kill them with respect." His friend grinned.

"You are right, Drake. We'll just let them decide on who's going to die." The dark haired man smirked.

Selene glowered at the man in front of her. Killing people for fun was a new territory for her. Sure, she killed people before but plainly for work. Killing them out of boredom just looks twisted.

Oh! How she wished she had her gun with her tonight.

She watched the dark haired man walk to the side of her chair and bend down to her eye level. His fruity breath mixed with alcohol fanned her cheek.

"What's your name, gorgeous?" He asked her. Selene turned to him with a cold glare.

"Go to hell!" She seethed. Her curses and glares always worked to scare men away but they merely amused the man in front of her.

His amused smile turned into small chuckles which infuriated Selene more.

"This isn't funny!" She yelled.

In a flash, he stuck the knife in his hands into the wooden arm of the chair, just beside Selene's hands. The knife barely missed her skin.

A gasp escaped from her mouth as it was just a centimeter away from piercing her skin. He squatted beside her chair on his toes and looked at her through his dark locks. Annoyance was clear in his eyes but he was good at masking it.

"Let's do this again, shall we? Hi! I'm Keir." He placed his hand forward and shaked it with Selene's tied hands.

Her skin burned at the place he touched and tingles ran through her back. It was annoying how she could feel these trivial sensations in a situation like this.

"What's your name, gorgeous?" He asked her again but this time Selene decided to answer.

"Selene," She whispered softly and raised her eyes to meet his.

His hawk eyes were already looking through her soul. Something dark passed in his eyes and she couldn't believe that it was possible for his eyes to get even darker.

"Selene." He drawled her name with his velvety hushed voice.

Selene stopped herself from gasping when she heard her name from his mouth. She scowled to herself and turned her head away from his face.

He stood up and leaned on the table between them. Both Will and Drake were silent all along, it was as if no one was there but them.

"So Selene, tell me who do you think should die tonight?"  Keir asked her, his eyes refusing to leave her face.

No one, she thought but was afraid to say it out loud.

"I will die, spare Will." She said instead. She looked up to watch his expression. He cocked an eyebrow at her with an amused smile still plastered on his lips.

Selene never did any good in her life to deserve being alive, there was no reason for her to stay alive. Even if she died, no one would cry or care for her.

But Will has family and people that love him. He has greater reasons for staying alive. If she is going to die and if this is how she is going to die, she will do one first and last good thing, by saving Will's life.

"Why?" He asked, interrupting her thoughts. He was now walking around her.

Selene gulped, "Because he has a family that is waiting for him."

"And what about yours?"  He whispered in her ear, goosebumps raised along her arms.

"I-I...", She watched him walk along the table that was separating them. He moved closer to Will's side.

"I have no one." She blurted out making him stop in tracks and turn to her.

"No one will know if I die." She said in a clear tone, looking at him.

A dark shadow crossed his features and he smirked, "Perfect."

With that, in one swift motion he sliced Will's throat artfully with the knife. A squish sound followed when the sharp metal jagged through his skin. Blood gurgled down his mouth and everywhere from his neck.

A scream escaped Selene's mouth as she saw the horrific scene before her. She watched in shock as Will gasped and wriggled in his place. She watched him as the life slowly left from his eyes.

With shaky breaths she watched Keir and Drake laugh maniacally before her. There was no remorse nor there was any fear.

Is this how it feels whenever someone is killed? Is this how she looked whenever she killed people? Questions revolved around in her mind.

Keir casually walked to her, cleaning his knife with a hanky, staining it dark red. He examined his knife and stopped just before her. He sat on the table, towering her with his height and stared down at her.

He grazed the tip of his knife along her collarbone and pulled her chain out with it, all along cutting her skin. Beads of blood formed on her neckline.

He watched it with fascination and what piqued his interest was her golden pendant, it was a small half moon.

He smirked at her before pulling her closer to him with her chain, "Now what do I do with you, Selene?"

*****

WC 1717

Oof! And that's our second chapter.

There's so much chemistry between Keir and Selene. 😂 No? What do you think is going to happen next?

Do you like his name, Keir? It means Darkness or Dark which I thought suits his character.

Do tell me your views and feel free to give ideas. Vote and support.❤️

~AURORA.