Chapter 25: Long Live

*****

Cassandra's POV:

I groan softly as I begin regaining consciousness, opening my eyes seeing that I was no longer at the hotel but a cave of some sort.

I look around but see no one. Then I come to realize I am strapped to a chair that was bolted to the floor.

I struggle against the ropes and chains but as my wrists touched the rope, they burned instantly.

I wince and groan in pain until the pain subsides. 

I hear a voice say,  Nasty little thing is vervain. Its useless to fight it, it will only hurt more.

I look to the door and in the shadows a figure amerged.

I couldn't make out the outline of his face till he steps closer into the light.

His face, he was the man who we saw at the tavern.

Klaus Mikaelson.

I shift my eyes down, fear and panic swept through me

Unsure of why had I been kept alive or why I was brought here?

I hear another set of footsteps coming towards the room I was held in.

Cassandra- Why am I here?

Klaus looks at me amused and scoffs lightly before standing against the door. I see his brother,Elijah, step in looking at me intensely.

Elijah-I suppose you're here because there has been reports of a unknown vampire using compulsion in our area. Does any of this sound familiar?

I look to both of them, unsure what to say.

They suspected me, why else would I be here?

They couldn't know anything about Maria.

Cassandra-Your area?

Klaus-(scoffs) You see, we run the quarter nothing happens without our knowing. To our surprise we received word of a vampire using compulsion on one of our witches. 

Elijah-But you see how foolish this is when everyone here knows, the witches are aligned with us and so they are all on vervain. Clearly you are not from here, we want to figure out who you are. Why you are here?