Chapter 18: All I want

*****

I wake up from what felt like a dream. I feel Aidan steer in his sleep as I laid next to him, his arm still wrapped around my waist. I softly kiss his shoulder before cuddling closer to him.

I can't believe he asked me to marry him. Apart of me wants to but the other half thinks this all too good to be true. What if one day something terrible happens or if I break his heart?  Am I ready to be a wife?

The future scares me, its so unpredictable. All these thoughts keep rushing through my head about everything. The Mikaelsons, the ancestors, and the danger the girls are in if they know if they are alive. 

I never thought of it before but I cannot imagine the Mikaelsons ever hurting my daugthers. Yes, they are liars and murderers but I don't believe it that they are entirely evil. 

I should ask Genevieve to help me find out the real reason why the ancestors don't want the girls to know their father's, I thought.

Aidan interupts my thoughts as I feel him begin to wake up, I turn over to face him.

He rubs his eyes, yawns loudly before inching closer to me and kisses sweetly on the cheek.

Maria-(smiles) Morning. How did you sleep?

Aidan- Morning my love. Best sleep I've had, thanks to you.

I giggle shyly as he teased me.

Maria- Well, you stay and rest up. I'll make you breakfast just the way you like it.

He tries to reach for my hand as I get up from bed but I pull away before he could. He laughs and acts wounded, placing his hand over his heart.

Maria- You have to be quicker then that.

I couldn't help but reach over and place a quick kiss on lips.

Maria-(laughs) Happy?

Aidan- Utter Bliss.

He pulls me on top of him, I giggle as I straddle his hips. He flips over so that he was hovering about me.

I push him off before speeding off to the kitchen, I chuckle as I hear him yell out my name.

I tip toe into the kitchen and prepare breakfast before the girls wake up.

***

I finished breakfast and Ellie helped me set up the table so it would be ready for everyone.

I walk out with a tray of fruit when Thomas comes up behind me.

He caught me by surprise, almost making me drop the tray to the floor.

Maria- Thomas, Jesus christ you scared me.

Thomas- Sorry, Mother. I smelled food so I sped off to the kitchen.

He helps me with the tray and carries it off to the table,but not before snagging a a piece of fruit off it.