Chapter 4: The Salvatores

****

Overnight my belly grew in size, Emily said since I am now awake the pregnancy will be quicker than a normal pregnancy. I couldn't help but touch my belly as I worried about the babies and myself. 

I laid across a blanket outside, I lightly fan myself as I sit out in the southern heat.

My mind wandered to my family and my brother, their long gone now and now all I wish is for them to be here with me.

Maria-(whispers) Charles

I cried thinking of him, I wondered what happened to him

I see Katherine walking towards me, holding a parasol and a pitcher of blood.

Katherine- Luna, I brought you a drink. Need to make sure to keep hydrated. What's wrong, why are you crying?

Maria- Thank you, Katherine. Something has been on my mind, I need to know what happened to Charles.

Katherine-(sighs) From my knowledge after you disappeared, Charles left and no one as heard of him since. I tried to see if I could find him but nothing. I'm sorry, Luna.

Maria- I just wish I knew if he was okay. 

Katherine- You know that we are here for you, Thomas and I, always. 

Maria- You both are the only family I have left.

Katherine- I'll do everything in my power to protect you. I won't let anyone harm you and the babies.

****

Katherine- I decided that for Maria's safety we should stay in another family's home

Thomas- How do you suggest our secret to remain a secret? It's quite obvious that we are not like most families.

Katherine- We will fit into society here, make it so no one second-guesses us. We will be staying with a very prominent family.

Maria- What is their family name?

Katherine- The Salvatore's

Thomas- I have faith in you, Katherine, if you believe I will as well.

Maria- I'll go ahead and pack my belongings.