Chapter 3: Mystic Falls

****

Katherine took us to a witch in town who could help me regain my memory.

So that I could know my last moments before I died.

Thomas held my hand in the carriage on our way there.

He smiled warmly to me as I squeezed his hand lightly.

He looked to me nodding his head to reassure me without any words, that everything was going to be fine

I smiled back.

The carriage stopped near a small house, a woman sat in front.

We walked towards it, Katherine in front of us.

Katherine- Emily, Thank you for seeing us. This is Maria.

Emily- Katherine, Maria a pleasure. Let's come inside. 

We went inside her home, very modest and I could see a collection of herbs in the kitchen.

Emily sat me down, giving me a small vial to drink.

The drink making my throat itch and slightly burn.

She put her hands on my head, chanting words.

My eyes shut as I began to see images moving fast in my head.

I could see myself the day it happened.

I see myself in the garden, a voice, I heard a scream.

My body started to tremble as the memories started pouring in.

Emily- Maria stay with me, what do you see?

Maria- I see blood, lots of it. A face?

I screamed in pain as Emily tried holding me down.

Emily- Katherine and Thomas hold her down, we still need to know how she died. Maria if you can hear me, stay with the memory. What do you see?

Maria- It's dark, I am running in a forest, running from him. He has the face of a monster with fangs, blood dripping from his face, and glowing amber eyes.

Katherine looks to Emily, knowing who Maria was running from.

Emily- Maria say his name, Who is he?

I let out a loud scream, everyone covered their ears. The vibrations shattering the glass windows of the entire house. 

  I opened my eyes, breathing heavily.

They looked at me in horror.

Maria- Klaus.

***

Katherine- There must be an explanation to this, how is this possible?

Emily- I have never heard of anyone having abilities before.

Maria- What are you talking about?

Katherine walking towards me, grabbing ahold of my shoulders.

Katherine- Maria, you shattered all the windows of this house without lifting a single finger. No vampire can do that.

Emily- Maria somehow despite being turned, you managed to still possess powers. I believe you are gifted. I think you are like me, a witch.

Maria- What are you saying, that I am a witch? That's impossible. I've never felt anything.

Emily- You are a mix between a vampire and a witch. Somehow the ancestors made the decision to let you live despite knowing what you are.

Maria- Ancestors? What am I?

Emily-  The Ancestors are witches who've passed on and continue to maintain the balance between our world and nature. To maintain this balance, you can't be more than one supernatural being.  You're a hybrid.

My eyes welled up with tears, glossy-eyed I looked to Katherine.

She stood by my side, placing her hand on my shoulder.

Thomas running to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

Maria- I don't understand any of this, Why me?

Emily- You and the babies are the key to ending the Mikaelsons. As long as those babies and you are alive, the ancestors will protect you.

Katherine- What should we do, Emily? 

Emily- Come by often so that I could check on the babies and maria. Maybe get to the root of how this all happened. The ancestors will only tell me what they want me to know but I cannot solely rely on their guidance. You must not let the Mikaelsons know that Maria is alive for the sake of her and the babies. 

****