Studying but different

Start from the beginning

Boscha uncapped the marker and wrote 'say yes you fucking idiot' on the whiteboard. Amity nodded to herself and spoke into the phone. "Sure Luz, do you want me to come now?" Boscha snickered under breath, mouthing the word 'come' to herself while Amity pointedly ignored her.

"That would be great, Amity! I'll just tell Eda to let you in then. See you soon!" Amity chuckled. "Yeah, see you soon Luz."

When she hung up, Amity realized that Boscha was just staring at her. "What is it? Do you have something to say?" Amity asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Boscha turned and wrote 'I diagnose you with gay' on the board and watched Amity's reaction.

"...You're not wrong but that doesn't mean you should say it." Boscha smirked and wrote 'so you're not denying it?'

Amity glared at Boscha and retorted. "Leave me alone."

Boscha raised an eyebrow at Amity and quickly erased the board before writing 'so you won't need my help with picking out an outfit?'

"I never said that," Amity grumbled.

***-***-***

"Hey, Luz? Would your friend join my court?" King asked as he watched Luz run around her room, tossing dirty clothes into the bathroom so as to give off the illusion that her room was never messy.

Luz chuckled nervously, grabbing her notebook and hiding it in her drawer. "Uh, I think? She can be kind of serious but I don't think she'd mind." King leaped up onto the bed and settled on the bedpost.

"You sound like you like her." Luz yelped at King's words and frantically shook her head. "No, no, no she's just my first real friend. I don't like-like her." King tilted his head slightly. "But, you always talk about her. Isn't that what people who like each other do?"

Luz fiddled around with the pen in her hands. "I-I don't know King. Maybe? It's just...This is the first time I've had actual friends and, I just don't want to ruin it." King hopped down onto the carpet and sat next to Luz on the floor. "Well, I think you should tell her. Show no fear!"

"That's not that easy to do King," Luz mumbled, gently combing her fingers through King's fur. "She might not like me back and I would rather hide my feelings and keep her as a friend than lose her."

King laid in his stomach, pulling at the loose threads of the carpet beneath them. "You'll never know unless you try." Luz hummed in acknowledgment.

She really wanted to get closer to Amity and with everything she knew about the bond it was possible that Amity could like her but she wasn't willing to take that chance. Amity was way out of her league, she was the daughter of the richest family in the boiling isles, Luz was lucky Amity was even friends with her.

Or maybe King was right and she should try to ask Amity out. No, the girl was clearly recovering from things and what she needed the most at the moment was a friend. Luz would be selfish if she let her feelings get between their friendship. Besides, Amity was an alpha werewolf from a rich family, wouldn't she be expected to marry an omega werewolf? Luz didn't know what was expected from alpha's beside the protection thing but that seemed like a responsibility that Amity would have to take.

"Hey, kid! Your friend is here!" Eda's voice called from downstairs. Luz stood abruptly and yelled back. "I'll be down in a minute!" Luz rushed down the stairs, trying to smooth her hair even though she had already combed her hair earlier.

Amity was awkwardly standing in the middle of the living room with Eda standing at her side with her arms crossed. When Amity saw Luz descending the stairs she smiled slightly, nervously stepping away from Eda towards Luz. "Hey, Luz."