🦋 dominic51 🦋

Start from the beginning

"state your names!" one of the officers at the side door orders.

"i'm matt sir."

"your full name son!"

the two officers that opened the back doors stare into the side of my face. from my peripheral, one of them already has his hand rested on his gun.

"what's your name?" the one not gun happy asks.

"mason hood," i lie, staring ahead of me.

the one with the gun shifts uncomfortably, probably feeling the uneasy tension in the situation that's to come.

"look at me when i'm speaking to you boy!"

i smirk, raising my head to them.

once they take a full look, instant recognition washes over them.

"it's him!"

the one with his hand on his gun draws it.

"duck!" i hear soraya and i do, watching a red orb fly over my head and connecting with the officer, he disintegrating before our eyes.

the second officer stares in bafflement as well as i, considering that we never knew what would happen if her orbs touched human flesh.

the officer pulls out their gun and aims at me, pulling the trigger.

instinctively, my force field forms, pulling from my body like a massive energy surge. the bullet ricochets off and sinks into the officer's head.

i turn and look at soraya. the officers by the side door are frozen in place. one of them reaches up and presses their walkie.

"this is unit-"

soraya's arm popping up toward them seems to silence the officer. the second one goes for his gun, but in a swift movement of soraya's hand (like a composer ending his movement) they're both clawing at their necks, gasping for air.

grayson pushes his door open, the van shaking as his door collides with someone.

i look out of the open back, an officer stumbling and tripping down the road.

i pull my gun out and aim.

is this who i want to become?

i look at the officer dead from his own bullet. i hear the last breaths of the officers trapped in soraya's telepathic hold.

"he can't get away," matt tells me.

it's either us or them dom.

and i choose us.

i pull the trigger, the bullet lodging right in the back of his head, his body stiffing and falling limp.

soraya let's the now dead officers out of her hold, and they too fall limp on the ground.

i place the gun on the table as grayson comes around to shut the back doors. soraya closes the side door and we continue into delaware.