xx - Thenceforth: I Hate Happy Endings

A/n: No Pov's, since every protagonist has died. I'm too ruthless, ain't I?

And the thunder begins; the loud thunderstorm came on the Shrine in where Jessica has celebrated.

"Oh, lord! Arise now! The dark side has succeeded!"

And ending it with an evil laugh.

Jessica then looked at the four dead friends. Looking at them one by one, with sympathy and mixed with happiness.

"Pity."

"You must not celebrate yet, Jessica."

Jessica looked around to see who's the one that's talking, and but to see Diana jolting from her bed.

"You're alive?" asked surprised Jessica.

The silhouette looked at her, angrily. "Why not?"

"You can't be!" Jessica scoffed.

Diana stood up and walked up a bit, "Why can't I be?"

When Diana hitted the light up; her figure has changed back to normal-her hair is now colouring in pale-blue, eyes are hazel, and on her off-shoulders, shorts and boots.

Until she saw Nate's corpse lying on her feet, she gaped and felt the anger running through her veins then, she walks up to Jessica faster than a speed of a light, and immediately grabbing her neck.

"I have killed Nate in the past and so I can repeat it to right now."

"What do you want?" asked Jessica, mumbling for she can't breathe.

"Revenge."

But Markus interrupted, summoning at the Shrine's opening.

"Enough!"

"No." disagreed Diana, "I want my revenge!" she bellows, gripping hard on her neck.

In order to stop the scene, Markus stomped his trident onto the ground that made Diana to be thrown back at the granite bed.

"Enough, I said." Markus repeated.

With that, Jessica turned to him, "Where is...?"

Markus interrupted, "...Brine? I have killed him."

But as he was saying that, he hold his tears up behind with a big sigh. In which a line he hoped that does not happened truly. A line that should be another nightmare.

"You can't be."

"Why can't I? Because I'm his brother? I don't kill him with my hands itself, I have killed him because he protected me with his memories and touched me with his concealment, and I have hoped a million that should have not happened."

"Must be love and hope and they're rubbish! They don't exist!" bellowed Jessica, "There is no love and sympathy. There is only Power!"

"You're wrong... you're saying that because you've never had love and empathy, and I feel sorry for you."

And with that, Jessica froze as if she got petrified and collapsing onto the floor that made her to shatter into many pieces.

Markus then turned to Diana, surprised.

"How did I survive?" asked Diana rather slowly.

Markus continued his steps close towards Diana and started to narrate the little story...

"Well, I congrats first acknowledges the ex-boyfriend for despite of lacking his strength, he continued to reach and save you with all his might that only love can do..."

---