xiii - Jessica's POV

-- Jessica --

I was walking out of that house when I heard someone's stomping after me, so I decided to change my route. Instead of going left, I took right, the road to the headquarters.

But the stomping is still there, yep, someone's been following me.

Until I disappeared around the corner, which the follower can barely see where I go, so he looked around checking for my signs. Searching through the criss-cross turns.

Ha!

I see this familiar guy that's been still there standing in idiotic way, and keep searching through the criss-cross roads.

He's Markus-the Notch.

What does this guy wants from me?

"Where did Jessica go?" questioned Markus.

I jumped from that tower or my hiding spot, and landing behind him, "Jessica's right here!"

Then, he turned around, facing me.

"What do you want from me, 'Notch'?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" I repeated.

"You must be on the 'headquarters' and meeting with the good Samaritans, right? Then, I must ask you, what are you doing here?"

I smiled, "...and what a god supposed to do at this hour? Didn't he supposed to figure how to defeat his brother?!"

"You know how to play... I like that!" he replied, in which I grinned at, he continued, "You don't want me as your enemy, Fire."

I raised my head, "What do you mean?"

"You know perfectly what I meant." He replied with a knowing look.

I read his expressions and he seemed meaning something that I can't figure what.

Until we heard a phoenix above us, and it sends Notch a falling mail, that he soon catches with his other hand.

"We'll have a little chat soon, when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie."

Then, faster than a blink of an eye, he disappeared leaving his white ashes.

"He must've known it. But I don't want him spoiling it... if he goes in my way and stopping me, then, I'm left with no choice. I have to get rid of him first."

"There'll be no one than I and Brine who gonna rule this world. None!"

"But the world must not know who I am. My identity must be leashed, save it for the very last."

So I tighten my cap and draw myself towards one of the roads that leads to my secret laboratory.

---

A/n: Cut off here, we're focusing about the love story, aren't we?

---