xvii - The Traitor

A/n: But I still love writing… XD

-- Lukas --

…Jessica teleported us on where Diana killed Nate; at the Grand Hall of the Palace.

We looked at the whole place; it seemed the same, no changes.

But I spoke too soon when I saw something on the altar that makes my heart shrink. The throne was replaced with two-by-two granite and with Diana lying down there, unconscious or maybe dead?

Until, it catches my crew’s attention.

And above Diana’s body is an upside-down beacon, facing its forehead downwards towards her body, and it lightens up her form that made her to find easily. And also, she looked like a saint there lying on her deathbed.

“Diana…?” asked Halsey, that who soon, runs up towards the altar to hug her.

I ran after her to leave Jessica there behind.

Don’t I mention that I hate these sad scenes?

I can see Halsey’s tears fell down her cheek. I always knew that Halsey is a daring woman, but I never knew that she will cry for a friend.

Halsey and Diana were childhood best friends, and they really do treat each other like sisters but there is someone’s been missing in the picture.

You’re wrong, reader. It wasn’t Nate who’s I’m talking about. It was Jessica.

“Hey, what are you doing there? You’re supposed to be looking at your best friend’s corpse! Or you should be doing something to save her!”

Jessica looked at me with that densely eyes, “I’m afraid I can’t.”

But before anyone else can speak, she continued.

“You’re too late to save the girl.”

Halsey looked at her when she bellows, “We’re not yet late! If you will do something to—”

But Jessica interrupted beginning her steps close to us rather slowly, “How pathetic…” she said, mumbling as if pitying us.

You see, as poor Diana grows weaker, Herobrine grow stronger.”

She smirked. “Yes, Crimson. The process is nearly complete. Yet, Diana will be the last Zealot that Brine has ever possessed. In a few moments Diana Granger will be dead, and Herobrine will sustain his health. The King of the Nether will gain his powers back, very much influential.

“You… what a traitor you are!” shouted Halsey in grievance, as Jessica made it into the stairs up to the altar.

“I am more than a Traitor, Halsey Crimson.”

“Who are you then?” I asked.

She turned to me and smiled, but she turned her back from us. Silent.

“Why don’t you tell us who you are?”

Jessica sighed, and turning her silhouette at us. Because of she’s standing by the shaded part of the room, we can barely see what she had transformed about.

“I am…”

---