viii - Prophecy

-- Nate --

Prophecy?? What??

Jessica finally made her step beside me, “This is what I want to tell you guys in the first place…”

I turned to her, “So you knew about it? Why won’t you spit it out now what it is about?”

She sighed, “The prophecy said that, the four friends that’ll save the girl will die in their journey, especially the man, the man who failed to make the girl drink the healing potion because he got caught by the other evil girl.”

The bald-guy snapped, “Very right.”

“Who wrote the prophecy?”

He turned to me, “I did.”

“…and because of your little prophecy the girl won’t be saved?”

“Indeed.” He replied.

“…and that’s the selfish of their god.”

“What do you mean?” he questioned.

“You’re our god and you supposed to protect the subjects! But because of being a poet, the subjects got possessed by the god’s brother.”

“What are you pointing at?” he questioned.

I held Jessica’s wrist and made a show of leaving, “We’ll just leave for this doesn’t make any sense, for our god is too wimp of smacking his brother in the face!”

When I began my first two steps, he snapped.

“Reverse psychology? I see, Nathaniel.”

Jessica looked at him first, then, I followed last, slowly.

“Fine… I’ll help you. But right after this, you’ll not be contacting with me again!”

“Noted!” confirmed Halsey, getting in the middle.

“That’s set then!” commented Jessica.

Fast Forward >>

He led us to one of his portals to the overworld which he kept there for days.

The portal he showed us was… interesting. It was a beacon, but a different kind of beacon. Instead of a blue colour, it was lit with an orange one. And it was flashing upwards a looking like golden-red or golden-brown laser beam.
And it was surrounded by quartz slabs, and a block high.

But before we stand on the beacon…

“Um, sir…” snapped Halsey.

We stopped our walk an inch or block away from her, the guy faced her with a ‘what’ expression.

“Can we… know your name? I know that you already know ours but we haven’t known yours.”

The guy smiled, “They call me ‘Notch’.”

“Notch… yeah, of course, typical eh? Notch.” Mumbled Halsey.

“Alright, let’s not waste a second. We have an ex-girlfriend to save.” He replied, and looking at me in the end.

I grinned at him.

Then, he gestured Halsey to walkthrough, so, Halsey did, followed by Lu, Jesse, and I.

Walking there is like a joyride…

It wasn’t nauseous, not at all…

We appeared under a tall large tree of spruce in a forest.

“I think we’re lost…” swore Halsey.

But Notch appeared behind us, “Not exactly.”

We looked at him, but something ridiculously happened that’s like when we faced him, he teleported us back in the town.

“Oh, you’re really our god…” mumbled Halsey, amused, looking around.

But her amusement changed when we recognise people are running around, pets are honking at each other and… the most terrible part is…

Zombies everywhere!

It was morning that time, and the sun is shining hot! But the zombies aren’t burning or dying!

“Oh Notch, what’s happening?” asked Lu,

That catches Notch’s attention.

Jessica stepped forward, “It’s obvious! Corpses have been retrieved. They’re funny, aren’t they? They looked like kids running from their bullies!”

That also catches Notch’s attention, but in his impression, he finds her suspicious.

Halsey stepped forward, snapping, “How could you to say that?”

Jessica looked at her, wedged, “What?! Well, just… saying!”

Halsey bobbed her head and turning ahead, bit satisfied.

That’s when Jessica caught Notch looking at her and they shared an odd glare, like accusing each other? Or like something.

“C’mon!” ended Jessica, walking ahead and leaving Notch a glare.

And everybody except us, Notch and I, followed her, and they don’t even notice the odd glances.

I looked at the god, but he nodded at me with the impression ‘go ahead’. So, grudgingly, I slowly made my walks to my friends but still looking at him, and I saw him turned his back from me.

I also want to follow him but because of the people that’s running around and who blocks my vision, I couldn’t tell where he goes. So, I just turned ahead and followed my ‘suspicious’ friends.

Jessica has been acting odd. Halsey seemed to know everything. And Lukas is silent about it like he’s not seeing a thing.

You know… I don’t wanna to work with dubious crew!

---

A/n: Liking the story so far? If you do, please give it a vote! ^,^

---