xiv - Nate Died?

-- Nate --

I can't believe it was Diana who killed me. I can't believe that she has spoiled me, get rid of me. I thought she can't touch my flesh with her sword?

I... I don't understand it anymore...

Why the world is so cruel?

I did everything, risked everything. And this is what I got in return.

I can't do this anymore... I want to die! I will cross the death line so no one else can call me back!

NO ONE!

-- Lukas --

After ten hours...

The day has come to meet live Nate again. He had to live to again; he still had a job to do.

We gathered around, waiting for the time that I will drop the potion into his mouth.

"Lukas, do it." Notch ordered.

I nodded at him with a smile, and then I turned to lifeless Nate opening the bottle's cap. Before the wind pick us up, I walked towards his bed and poured the potion on his mouth.

"You shall wake now..."

But amusingly, nothing happens. It's just typical Nate, lying there asleep or worse, dead.

"Lukas! Empty the bottle!" ordered Halsey.

I looked at her and back to him, and moving the bottle in a few angle until the liquid drops in into his mouth. And before my eyes, the bottle is empty.

But no response.

"Mar-, I mean, 'Notch', are you sure?" questioned Jessica.

Notch looked at her and to everybody, "Of course, I'm sure. I'm the one who're supposed to brew and invent potions! I know how Elixir of life will heal or not."

"What do you mean?" asked Halsey.

"Perhaps, Nate has rejected the Elixir. Elixir's only works with person whom still wanting to live, but not to person who wanted to die. And if a soul rejected the Elixir, the healing process will not work anymore. Therefore, people who doesn't want to get back, doesn't get back."

"But how could be it? I knew that he started this all off on his own, and encouraging us to save Diana!" asked Halsey, confused.

I made my path towards a bench, thinking off about something. I obviously understand what does Nate really means.

"I think I know why he does not want to come back after all what happened."

"Why?" asked Jessica.

While Notch looked at me, in his head is the same thought, but still he wanted me to say it to them.

"Because, of what just happened. The girl... you're trying to save is exactly the one who refuses and killed you... Obviously, Nate was frustrated. If you were him, would you try to save again that girl if she said that she's happy? And she killed you in return in order for you not to bother coming and saving her again?"

That made our atmosphere to be pacific.

Finally, Notch has broken the silence, "The maxim is we still have to save the girl even if Nathaniel is not behind us. Nathaniel Evuinore started it. Then, Lukas Levinore and his friends will end it. There's no point to be holding back, let's go!"

"Agreed." Jessica protested.

"C'mon, don't waste a time!" ordered Halsey with renewed confidence.

While they're announcing their comments, I turned to Nate's lifeless body and said, "Don't worry, mate. We'll be saving your ex-girlfriend even if you don't want to do with us! And... if you've changed your mind, I'll be leaving this bottle beside you..." and then, putting the bottle on the upper left side of the pillow.

But as I placed it there, I saw the bottle refilled again. It was like, not even touched or what. I looked behind to saw Notch grinning at me.

He must've known what I have in mind...

He's really a god.

---