Chapter 18

Taymor

It had been a few weeks since the whole official ending with Blue happened. We got a solid co-parenting routine down and I was spending my last weekend with JoVaughn reading him bedtime stories and spoiling him to the fullest.

"Pick a story honey"

"I wanna hear about the doll."

"Jo that story scared you last time."

"That was.." I tried to hold back laughter as I watched him struggle to keep his ring finger upright while trying to hold three fingers up. "dis many days go. I big boy now."

"Alright if you say so. It was a chilly Saturday morning when a young girl, let's call her Anna, decided to go shopping. Now, Anna was extremely fond of dolls, so much so that she even had a huge collection of them at home. Anyway, Anna convinced her mommy to let her go to the toy store down the street."

"All by herself?"

"Mhmm, she went all by herself."

"Is that not safe?"

"Exactly it's not safe. If you ever wanna go anywhere you gotta tell me or daddy first so we can go with you okay?"

"Okay, ma- Tay Tay. Finish."  Did he almost??... Nope, I'm minding my business.

"Aight rude ass. Anyway, while she was searching at a toy store, she found the most beautiful doll that she had ever seen. She just knew she had to have it.
But, she asked the store owner, she was told that the doll was cursed. But the girl insisted, and the owner reluctantly sold it to her."

"TayTay is Anna white?"

"Yes, Anna is white. Wait how you know?"

"Black people would put the doll back."

"I- yeah you right."

"Finish."

"Nigga can you say please? Damn. Anyway, she put the doll in her backpack and started walking home. On the walk back she felt like she was being watched, but she didn't know why so she brushed it off. When she finally reached her home, she got into the elevator, and the doors closed behind her. However, it did not move."

I glanced over at him to see if he was okay before continuing.

"She started to panic, thinking that she was stuck forever and that maybe it was because of the doll. But suddenly the girl heard something coming from behind her, it sounded like muffled talking and shuffling."

"Is it the doll?"

"I don't know, Let's find out."

"I hope it's not the doll."

"Me too bubby. Anna took off her bag and opened it to see what was happening. that's when the doll moved, turned her jet black eyes towards her, and opened her mouth to say, "Push the floor button, you silly fool." The girl shrieked and threw it to the side. The doll groaned in pain and the girl quickly pressed the open door button. She ran out leaving the doll behind."

I paused and gave him a lil moment to get himself together cause he was obviously scared.

"Do you want another one?" I softly asked JoJo. Now he sitting here looking scared out his mind. Tried to tell him but he wanted to act tough.

"Um. Can we call daddy? I wanna hear a funny story." He asked while playing with his fingers.

I nodded and picked up the phone to call. It rang for a minute and just as I was about to hang up he finally answered.

"Hello?" His tired voice called out, "Baby, what are you doing?" Someone in the background asked...once again lemme mind my business.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"Nah, you good, whatchu need?"

"JoJo's scared and wanted to call you for a fun story."

"Tay why you read him that horror book?" I could hear him sigh and kiss his teeth but I chose to ignore him cause this won't my fault.

"Cause he asked for it. Why you buy it if I can't read it to him? Yeah exactly."

"I- Aight. Tell him to hold on and that I'll be there soon."

"Uh uh! Who said you could come over? You can tell him the story over the phone."

"No, I cant. I'm on the way. Bye."

Wow, he really hung up in my face, okay.

"Jo, get up boo."

"But it's bedtime?"

"Nah, yo daddy on the way. He told me to keep you up so he can tell you the story when he gets here."

"Okay, Tay Tay!"

I just smiled as he hopped out of bed and ran into the living room.

"I have candy?"

"No, you don't have candy."

"I have ice cream?"

"No Jo."

"I have popcorn and juice?"

"....Fine you can have some popcorn and juice."

I lifted him onto the counter so that he could pick his own popcorn, then I let him get a juice. Soon after I heard an offbeat knock at my door letting me know exactly who was here.

"Daddy!" Jo happily yelled while running to blue.

"Hey, buddy, what's up?"

"Ma- Tay Tay scared me."  How? How is any of this my fault?

"I did not, you scared yo own self. Don't go trying to put that on me like you ain't pick the story."

"Mane whatever, Jo go sit on the couch right quick while I talk to yo mama."

"So you the reason why he been doing that!"

"been doing what?"

"He always sounds like he's bout to call me mom or something but just never does and I was tryna figure out why. Anyways what you gotta talk to me bout??"

"I'm out of booty pics." He mumbled low enough so that Jo wouldn't hear.

"That's tough."

"You gon slide some more?"

"Nope, boundaries now move."

"Fine...Can I at least get a kiss?"

"Negro no, and don't get snippy cause these yo rules. Now go tell that baby a story so he can go to bed."

"Yeah yeah, I gotchu."

While he told Jojo some random story, probably bout his gang days, I went to my room. Not gon lie... I enjoy this lil family vibe but if I wanna make sure it works I really gotta stick to the rules we discussed cause Johnathan already slipping. I just hope this doesn't last too long. Cause if he gets big bold and pulls that "I got a new bitch" shit again imma kill him, on crip.

___________________

lmao idk I just felt like updating this one finally since it's been like 6 months. Until next time. Bye love youuuuuu
- Troi 💙🧿