Chapter 15

Taymor

It's been almost a month and I've been running on autopilot. To say that I'm hurt is an understatement. I'm fucking broken, completely broken. I haven't felt this empty since I lost my dad. So that's saying something.

After taking care of Jo for so long I started to feel like he was mine. It's hard not waking up to him being here. No cartoons playing, or arguments over juice. He's not here to sneak snacks or walk around in my shoes like a little weirdo. I can't even call him or visit.

You know what, I've been in this house for too damn long. I'm gonna go to class, and go get groceries, then I can come back and sulk.

.................

So I still skipped class cause fuck that. I did make it to the store though. I was getting everything I needed for a pity party, I even got some little hats. Don't judge me they were on sale. I had been aimlessly wandering around the snack section, looking for something to nibble on when my name was called.

"Tay Tay!"

I looked around for a minute until I saw Jo sitting in the little toddler car cart with his dad...and someone else. I didn't care though I still walked over. He hopped out of his "car" and ran over to me.

"Hi, buddy! I missed you!"

"I missed you too Tay Tay. Daddy got a boyfriend and I don't like him. I wanna come back with you." Jo whispered the part about Johnathan's boyfriend.

Blue cleared his throat and I looked up at him.

"So you just not gon speak?"

"Hey, Johnathan. Hi... sorry, I don't think we've met?" I switched JaVaughn to my other hip and held my hand out.

"Hi, I'm Christian."

"Taymor, nice to meet you. Do you mind if I talk to Johnathan for a minute?"

"No, not at all, go ahead."

One word: Pissed. I flashed a tight-lipped smile and put JoJo down. I angrily pulled Johnathan a few aisles away to have some sort of privacy.

"Johnathan, what the fuck is this?" I whisper yelled.

"Whatchu mean?" He asked in a cool, laid back tone. A smug smile played on his lips, my anger was his entertainment.

"Oh, so I'm just supposed to act like you aren't parading around with a Christopher look alike? That nigga is practically a clone."

"Look it's not like that." He sighed, his voice going harsh with frustration.

"Really? Cause it seems like you found Chris' twin and tried to give yourself a second chance with your first love. Who you think you fooling?" I jabbed my finger into his chest harshly.

"Taymor mind your business." He sneered.

"Mind my business?! Nigga for real? Bet, but when you and yo lil lookalike don't work out how you want it to, I won't wait to say I told you so."

"You just being bitter."

"I may be bitter but at least I'm not a piece of shit who plays people for my own personal gain."

"Whatchu tryna say?"

"I'm not tryna say anything, I am saying that you're a piece of shit."

"A piece of shit that you're in love with."

"Fuck you bitch."

"I know you loved to."

I just stared at him before walking back to Jo, I was five seconds away from splattering that niggas brains across these good Walmart floors.

"JoJo, baby do you have your phone on you?"

"Yeah, here you go TayTay."

He handed me the small phone, an iPhone 5c. The boy is three he doesn't need anything extravagant. I put my number in it and told him to call or text me when he needed anything. This phone is one thing Johnathan can't take since I'm the one who pays for it. I said bye to Jo and stood back up to speak to the boyfriend.

"Bye Christopher, oops I mean Christian."

"Funny, Blue makes that same mistake."

"I bet he does." I gave a small smile and finished my shopping.

------------

I laid against my couch, feeling relieved after successfully putting all the groceries away. I turned on Jerry Springer and sank further into the cushions. I still wasn't used to the quiet but it was slowly becoming tolerable. The argument that played out on my TV was interrupted by a phone call.

Incoming call from "My JoJo 💙"

I sat up and quickly answered

"Hi Jo, you good?"

"TayTay, they're arguing." He whined as he chewed away at graham crackers.

"Ok honey. I'm on my way."

"Ok."

-------------------

I followed Jo's location and pulled up to the apartment. The argument was easily heard outside of the door, that's none of my business though. I kindly knocked and waited for someone to open it.

"Hi, can I help you?" Christian was the one to answer, obviously irritated. Oops.

"I'm here for Jojo"

"Why?"

"Cause he called me" I pushed past him and into the house. 

"Taymor why the fuck are you here?"

"JaVaughn was bothered by all of y'all's petty ass arguing and called me to come get him so that's what I'm doing."

"Did I say that you could take him?" Johnathan tried adding extra bass to his squeaky ass voice but I simply pushed past him too. I don't have time for his games.

"Does it look like I give a fuck about what you have to say? Come on Jo."

He grabbed his little bag and hugged his dad's legs before walking to the door. Christian stepped into the hallway, stopping me before I got too far.

"Look Tay I-"

"Taymor."

"Sorry, Taymor, I can see that you and Johnathan have a deep history and I'm not trying to start anything. I just wanted to ask if you could back off a little bit. You seem a little entitled to him but you've got to keep in mind that we're together now. I hope you get what I'm trying to say?"

"Basically 'back off he's mine'"

"Yeah."

"Look, baby, that nigga will never be yours. You may have him right now, but he will come always back to me, remember that. Hell, he doesn't even really care about you like you think he does, but that's a conversation for a different day."

"What are you talking about?"

"Ask him bout Christopher," I called down the hallway, not caring to continue the conversation.

____________

I've missed y'all, hiiiiii 👋🏾👋🏾

I've missed y'all, hiiiiii 👋🏾👋🏾. This book bout to get real messy lol oops. I hope you enjoyed! BYEEE love you!
-Troi💛🥰