14- Akito

"Haru."  Hatori shut the door behind him and looked at his cousin, who was glaring down at the ground.  "Haru."  He said again, when he didn't get a response.

  Haru jerked up, using most of his brute force to slam into Hatori, making the house shake under the pressure. "Don't you dare let Akito hurt her."  He hissed.

  Hatori nodded impassively, brushing off his suit and pushing Haru back.  "We can't assume anything yet."  He said, stepping around the boy.  "Lets go, we should report this right away lest Akito gets angry." 

  Haru followed quietly behind Hatori, an angry glare across his darkened face.  He was more that pissed, not at Mei or the fact that she'd uncovered his secret, but more about the fact that he'd more than likely lose her.  Kyo and Yuki had Tohru, yet he'd manage to lose both girls in his life who's ever made him feel something other than light or dark.

  The two walked silently through the dark halls to Akito's room, neither saying a word to the many head maids who tried to engage them in conversation.

  Hatori rapped his fist gently against the wooden frame, his breath hitched in his throat as he waited for a reply from the head of the family.  "Akito?"  He asked sternly.

  "Hatori."  Came a reply, amused and somewhat blunt.  "Come in."

  "Akito, I've brought Haru with me."  Hatori said, sliding the door open slowly.  "We have to speak with you on a subject."

  "Ah-"  Akito turned around, an unamused look on their face.  "Close the door.  What's the meaning of this visit?"  They asked, stepping up close to cradle Haru's face in their hands.  "Tell me, what's brought you to my side today?"

  "Akito."  Hatori spoke sharply, catching the Head of the Family's attention. 

  They stepped away from the silent ox and stared at Hatori silently.  "Yes?  What is it Hatori?" 

  "Earlier today-"  Hatori looked over at Haru, then down at the head.  "A girl discovered our secret.  She bumped into Haru and caused him to transform."

  "I take it you took care of it already?"  Akito asked, settling down in the window of the room.  "We don't need any more outsiders knowing our secret-"

  "Akito-"  Hatori continued, sighing.  "It would seem that they have taken a liking to each other."

  "Oh?"  Akito turned to look at Haru, who still had yet to say anything in his defense.

  Haru's mind was racing with things to say, what wouldn't end up with him getting Mei, himself or Hatori hurt. 

  "I'd like her to keep her memories."  Hatori spoke up from behind Haru, whose head snapped up.  "I believe it could be interesting."

  Akito hummed, messing with a windchime hanging from the window.  "Yes, a new playtoy-"

  "Playt-"  Haru snapped, and Hatori put his hand on Haru's shoulder.

  "Yes."  Hatori nodded.  "Lets let her keep them for now.  In the future, if we need to remove them, we can remove them from both children."

  "No,"  Akito grinned, evil and with a glint in their eye.  "We'll let her keep her memories for now, but when I choose to remove them, he keeps his.  Just so he remembers how neither of them could have him.  That he's going to be mine forever, and there's nothing he can do about it."

  Haru snarled at the mention of his ex, Rin.  "You basta-" 

  "Haru."  Hatori spoke.  "We should get going.  We're keeping Mei waiting."

  "Mei?"  Akito rolled the name over their tongue.  "Mei."  They hummed.  "What an awful name.  Have fun with Mei while it lasts."

  Haru slammed the door behind him and stomped off, storming past the maids who this time didn't try to engage in any sort of conversation seeing the type of mood he was in.  When he got outside, the first thing he did was punch the nearest tree to him. 

  "Haru!"  Hatori snapped, trying to pull him out of his dark state.  "Haru!"

  "You fucking bastard!"  Haru growled, turning on Hatori.  "Mei is not some playtoy for Akito."

  "It allowed for her to keep her memories.  I promise to keep her safe, and as long as you're near her, Akito can't touch her.  She's as safe as possible."

  Haru took a deep breath, storming off towards Hatori's office.  He stomped up the steps in annoyance and slid open the door. 

  "You're back!" 

His mind relaxed completely when he saw her smile, and he had to force himself not to smile back.  "We're leaving."
____________________________________________
Word Count: 753 Words