Chapter Nineteen-Counting to Ten

"Come on, Doc. Come on. Wake up buddy!" Marty exclaimed. Y/n was pacing the floor, worried as hell. She looked up and saw Seamus Mcfly walking into the saloon. "Seamus! What are you doing here?" Y/n asked. "Hello Mrs. Eastwood. Somthin' inside me told me I should be here, as if my future had somethin' to do with it." Seamus trailed off. Y/n looked at him, weridly as he walked away.

"He'll come around in a minute. Come on," the bartender said to Doc, who was now sitting on a chair. Marty was on the other side of Doc, "Come on, Doc. Let's go, Doc. Let's wake up now, buddy. Come on!" Marty said, slapping his face.

"Oh my god!" Y/n exlcaimed, seeing Tannen and his goons ride into town and infront of the saloon. "Are you in there, Eastwood?" Tannen yelled.

Y/n had to keep herself from sheding tears. 'Keep it together Cornelia' she told herself, 'If worse comes to worse, I'll duel Tannen' she thought, nodding her head a little.

"It's 8:00, and I'm callin' you out!" Tannen yelled. Marty looked at Y/n, then she looked at him. Marty walked to the window, "It's not 8:00 yet!" Marty said. "It is by my watch! Let's settle this once and for all, runt. Or ain't you got the gumption?" Tannen said.

Marty took out the photo and looked at it, it read 'Here lies Clint Eastwood' . Marty put it back in his pocket before Y/n could see it.

"Listen. I'm not really feeling up to this today so I'm gonna have to forfeit." Marty said shrugging his shoulders. Y/n whispred to Marty, "Like that's not gonna make Tannen want to shoot you more than he already does!" she said. Marty looked at her and said, "Got any other bright ideas?"

"Forfiet. Forfeit? What's that mean?" Tannen asked his goons. "Um, it means that you win without a fight." one of his goons said. "Without shooting? He can't do tha-You can't do that!" Tannen yelled. Y/n and Marty rolled their eyes.

"You know what I think? I think you ain't nothin' but a gutless, yellow turd, and I'm givin' you to the count of 10 before I come in there and shoot that wife of yours!" Tannen yelled.

Y/n turned to face Marty and said, "Oh come on! What did I ever do to that family for them to hate me so god-dam much!" She exclaimed, throwing up her hands.

Marty turned to Y/n and said, "I honestly do not know, but we need to get out of here, now!" Marty then turned to Doc, as Tannen started to count to ten. "Come on. Sober up, buddy. Let's go. Come on." Marty said to Doc hitting him in the face.

"You better get out there, son and defend you wife's honor. I got $20 gold bet on you, so don't let me down." a man said. "I got a $30 gold bet 'agin' ya, so don't let me down!" another man said, while Marty and Y/n were trying to wake up Doc.

"You better face up to it, son, cause if you don't go out there, two things will happen-" The man started to say and then Y/n interuped him, "What! What if he doesn't go out there?" she yelled at the men.

"You'll die, Mrs. Eastwood. He's a coward!" the man said. Tannen was already on number six. "And he'll be branded a coward for the rest of his days."  another man said. "Everybody everywhere will say Clint Eastwood is the biggest yellowbelly who couldn't defend a lady, in the west." the first man said.

Y/n rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, 'Uncle Doc better wake up soon, this is getting ridiculous.' she thought.

"Here!" a man at the bar said taking a gun and tossing it on the bar. "I already got a gun." Marty said, in serious tone of voice.

"I'll take it! That bastard is dead!" Y/n said grabbing the gun from the bar and flipping it in her hand, cocking it.

She started to walk out the door when Marty pulled her back, "I love you, and that was so bad ass, but you can't go out there. I'll go." he said, grabbing his gun.

"Marty.." Y/n trailed off. "I'll be careful, I promise." he said. "There's got to be another way!" she replied, tears almost falling down her cheeks.

Marty lifted up her chin with his hand and kissed her sweetly on the lips. Tannen yelled ten and Marty looked into Y/n's e/c eyes. He then realized there was another way. He turned to the bar and said, "He's an asshole!" Seamus smiled at Marty.

"I don't care what Tannen says! And I don't care what anyone else say's, except my wife. If she doesn't want me to go out there, then I'm not going out there!" Marty exclaimed, grabbing Y/n's hand.

Doc then stood up, knocking over a bottle, Y/n turned around and a huge smile went on her face, "Uncle Doc!" she said.

"Doc are you okay?" Marty asked. "I think so-Whoa!" he exclaimed almost falling over. "What a headache.." Doc trailed off. "Listen, you got a back door to this place?" Marty asked the bartender.

"Yeah. It's in the back." the bartender said bluntly. "Let's go, Uncle Doc!" Y/n holding one side of her Uncle and Marty held the other. Quickly Y/n strapped the gun she was still holding to her brown belt.

"Are you comin' out her, or do I have to come in there after you?" Tannen said. Doc was able to regain his balance. Marty, Y/n and Doc ran out of the saloon's back door.

"The thing I really miss here is Tylenol." Doc said holding his forehead. "Hey!" one of Tannen's goon said, seeing the three leaving the saloon.

He shot a gun at them and Y/n reached for her gun shooting back. Two weeks ago she never thought she would shoot a gun, yet here she was.

Marty backed away into a barn, hitting an old stove. Doc and Y/n were carried away by Tannen's goons.  The train whisting in the background.