Chapter Fifteen- Putting Yourself in Danger

Tannen and his goons walked away. Y/n turned to Marty and said, "Marty, what did you do?" before Marty could answer Doc came running up to him, "Marty, what are you doing, saying you're gonna meet Tannen?" Doc said.

Marty looked between Doc and Y/n both on either side of him, "Hey, Doc, Y/n, don't worry about it. Monday morning, 8:00 am. We're gonna be gone, right?" Marty said, justifying his actions.

"Theoretically, yes. But what if the train's late?" Doc asked. "Yeah, and then Tannen will come after us!" Y/n exclaimed, crossing her arms. "Late?" Marty asked, but realized that he had just put Y/n in danger.

"We'll discuss this later," Doc said. "No, we'll discuss it now," Marty said.

Y/n then turned to walk away too mad at her boyfriend that he had put himself in so much danger. Marty looked at Y/n walking away, "Y/n wait!" he said.

Then Clara came up to Doc and Marty, "Thank you for you gallantry, Mr. Eastwood. Had you not interceded, Emmett might have been shot." Clara said. "No. Hey, ma'am." Marty said sidetracked, wondering where Y/n went off too.

"Marty-Uh, Clint, I'm going to take Clara home." Doc said, and then he whispered near Marty and said, "Where did Y/n go?" Marty shrugged and looked confused. Doc and Clara went off and Marty headed to find his girlfriend.

"You sure set him straight, Mr.Eastwood. I'm glad somebody finally got the gumption to stand up to that son of a bitch." a man said shaking his hand. "I'd like to buy you a drink!" another man said. Marty internally rolled his eyes, "Listen, I don't want a drink. I really gotta go fin-" Marty started to say.

"I'd like you to have this brand-new Colt Peacemaker and gun belt. Free of charge." the gun salesman said handing Marty the gunbelt and gun. Marty put it on and said, "Thanks, I apperciate it, but I really have to go uh-find my wife," Marty trailed off, running out of the festival.

"If you lose, I'm taking it back!" the salesman yelled as Marty ran off to find Y/n.

Then he was stopped by Seamus. 'Perfect' Marty thought. "You had him, Mr. Eastwood. You could've just walked away, and nobody would've thought less of you for it. All it would've been was words, hot air from a buffoon. Instead you let him rile you, rile you into playing his game, his way, by his rules." Seamus said. Marty replied, "Seamus, relax. I know what I'm doin'."

"He reminds me of poor Martin." Maggie said. "Aye," Seamus replied. Marty stopped looking around for Y/n and turned to Seamus and Maggie, "Who?" Marty said. "Me brother." Seamus replied.

"Wait a minute. You have a brother named Martin McFly?" Marty asked, now interseted in the conversation.

"Had a brother." Seamus clairified. "Martin used to let men provoke him into fightin'. He was concerned that people would think him a coward if he refused. Even lost the love of his life because of it. He got a bowie knife shoved through his belly in a saloon in Virginia City. Never considered the future, poor Martin, god rest his sole." Seamus said. Marty then looked off into the distance, trying to find Y/n.

"Sure'n I hope you're considering you and Mrs. Eastwood's future." Maggie said walking away with Seamus.

"I think about it all the time.."Marty trailed off. 'Now I really need to find Y/n' he thought, running toward's Doc shed.

Y/n ran away from the party. Her arms were crossed as she walked to her Uncle Doc's shed. She went inside, "Ugh! I am so done with this dress, and don't even get me started on how mad I am at Marty. He just had to pick a fight because someone called him a name!" Y/n said outloud to herself.

She took the top part of her dress off revealing a white and blue cotton corset. She unclipped the first to pins of the corset and took a deep breath, sitting down on a chair. She sat there and then realized it was a little cold. She got up and took Marty's jean jacket, that now was dirty from when it got dragged in the dirt. She put it on to keep her warm, and then went over to the little bookshelf Doc had in his shed and took out a new-looking copy of 'Jane Eyre' that Doc had gotten from the local bookstore. She went back to the chair and sat down, reading. She waited for Marty or Doc to come home.

Marty ran inside Doc's shed, "Y/n! Y/n! Come on, beautiful, where are you?!" he said. Y/n heard Marty calling her name and put down the book. She went out into the front of the shed and stood by the make-shift door way. "What?" she said blankly, still a little mad.

"You ran off! You could've gotten hurt!" Marty said out of breath from running. "Yeah well, your putting yourself in danger by dueling Tannen, so I figured I could get a free pass," she snarked, and turned back into the room she just came from.

Marty ran up to her and pulled her back forceing her to look into his eyes, "Hey, I know what I'm doing. I promised I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. I plan on keeping that." Marty said.

"I'm not worried about anything bad happening to me, I'm worried about somthing bad happening to you, Marty." Y/n said, in a serious tone of voice. She let go of his grasp, and contined to speak, "You can't let your pride, ruin your life. You might regret it later in life.." she trailed off.

Marty, thinking that sounded oddly fimillar looked at Y/n and asked, "What do you mean, I'll regret it later in life?"

'Shit, what do I say?' she thought to herself. "Just don't let assholes get to you, that's all." she said, a little bit of a tear running down the corner of her eye.

Marty slowly walked towards her and said, "Okay," he wiped the tear from the corner of her eye.

That night Marty and Y/n feel asleep wrapped protectivly in eachothers arms. While Doc and Clara were falling deeper and deeper in love.